Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[OS X] Launcher update leaves two hung copies in system, requires hard reboots to run game

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Widsith [MGT], May 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

Running today's OS X launcher update left two copies of the launcher in the system. Neither of them would respond to a normal quit. Doing a force quit on both, and attempting to run the launcher again just produced another unresponsive copy that must be force quit.

Recovery required a hard reboot of the machine, a Finder menu restart resulted in a hung machine. Taking the 'reopen apps' option after hard reboot again resulted in a hung machine and another hard reboot. Only by doing a hardware restart with no apps restarted could I get back to a functioning machine that would run the launcher without hanging.

This looks very much like the launcher update process is leaving a bogus 'run me' pointer of some sort in OS X.

Also, the 'can't normally exit launcher after a game update' bug noted earlier on this board is still present.

It would be very very much appreciated if some effort could be put into stabilizing the OS X launcher, and testing it. As it is, the obvious inattention to OS X testing, and the seemingly inevitable flakiness whenever there is an Unity 'upgrade' means that I am still recommending that OS X users stay away from SotA (and other Unity based games for that matter.)

@DarkStarr @oneandonly

2. Novia Property

Novia Property Avatar

Greetings Widsith [MGT]
    What version of OSX are you running. There has been lots of issues running in Mojave. I am running a MacBook Pro with 16gig ram and a 1t SSD with High Sierra and do not have any launch issues. Do have graphic issues due to the onboard Intel chip. PM me if you want to talk configs to see how we are different.

3. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

I'm back on version 10.12.6 (Sierra) in order to avoid the Mojave issues. Also 16 GB and running SotA from an SSD, on an iMac.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.