5 new tamign skills next release!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Arkah EMPstrike, May 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

So the other thread talks about allt he new magic warding skills

apparently theres gonna be 5 new taming skills too! (and higher pet aggro)

Pet taunting training- will increase aggro generated by pets. Stronger pets will get more aggro, weaker pets will have less aggro(so having 2 corpiosn and a destroyer bear attacking a target, the bear will hold aggro)

Pet Hide training - increases pet resistances (magic and damage). Wont be huge, but enough to help quite a bit against moderate attacks like wolves and skeletons and stuff. Wotn help much with boss damage.

Pet speed training -increases pet dexterity (crit chance, didge chance, attacks get dodged less) and move speed

Pet Strength training = Straightforward, pet gets more strength (does more damage)

Attack Precision training - Higher crit damage for pets! at lvl 100 will probly add a 1x multiplier to crit

2. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Yes!!! :)

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Oooooo just heard chris say the corpion's special ability as a pet is its CRITS!

Crit focused pet!

Time Lord, Thwip and Brass Knuckles like this.
  4. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Oh and not related to taming, put summon pets will get new skills and/or artifacts at some point as well

Time Lord and Thwip like this.
  5. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Update ont he taming skills. in chris's test this morning the new skills caused his wyvern to go from hit 70 crit 140ish to hit 100ish crit close to 300

It smovment speed was higher when following him but not when engaging a target yet

Time Lord, Thwip, Gia2 and 2 others like this.
  6. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Good recap Arkah, Nice work on the taming stuff and great job breaking down the nerdy stuff much appreciated @Chris

7. Thwip

Thwip Avatar

Hi, nice update. Good thread ;)

Time Lord likes this.
  8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Also are any tamers. interested in pet loyalty stuff like we had in UO? You know like unhappy pets could wander away or need to be fed or petted etc? Not sure if this kind of detail is wished for but just checking. The little comments it said in UO about your pets was funny to me.

Bedawyn, Time Lord and Brass Knuckles like this.
  9. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I would dislike this feature. Sometimes I feel like I am having issues having my pet obey already, so I cant imagine having a system where he could obey me less which could be bugged as soon as it is implemented, and it would take a few releases to fix. This would just make people mad. Think about the "Control Daemon" spell that has now dissapeared.

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Gregg247

Gregg247 Avatar

I summon my pets to fight to the death for me. I'd hate to have to be worried that my giant Corpion is going to refuse to poison the Undead simply because I didn't pet his exo-skeleton enough that morning, or I woke him up from a sound sleep when I summoned him! lol

Time Lord likes this.
  11. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Nope. Not interested too much micro management.

Time Lord and Barugon like this.
  12. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I liked the taming system in uo I like the things happening in sota and marriage between the two is cool by me.

Time Lord, Scanphor and majoria70 like this.
  13. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

So you don't like the kind of tamagotchi feeling? ;)

Time Lord likes this.
  14. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Chicken Attack vs Dragon Attack o_O...

As long as Chicken Attack can successfully hunt in a single skull area, then I'm fine with all that, because we need our pets to be able to perform in a scaled way to what we have as hunting areas.

Deeper into what I just said, lets say you have a dragon (top tier should fight well in upper skull areas), I don't want to see higher level creatures be slamming everything in the lower skull areas. Something like a Dragon shouldn't even be interested in fighting a small wolf spider because it's insignificant compared to it's power. I would think that something like this would be counter productive to the pet's level of training, like maybe causing it to become disinterested in it's master/owner and loosing skill and power the longer it's kept slaving away in lower skull content.

Some may see the importance of what I'm describing here, others may not, but just picture a resource gathering avatar entering into lower skull areas cleaning out every available resource there while licking up hides and low level loot behind their massive pet's overpowering path :confused: and :eek: "poof", there goes another bite taken out of our lower skull area's economic viability for low level players, further driving down low level resource pricing. It happened in UO and it will happen here unless there's some penalty taken by such a pet & player. If there's something I'm missing here, please let me know. And don't take the fun out of my chicken, or your dog or whatever animal you like to hunt with as your pet. There should be consequences with penalties for over powered pet hunting.

"Risk = Reward, not Power = Pillage", it comes down to what that's worth to us, the game we play and to the noobs we want to come play with us.

[​IMG]
    I'm hoping to hear some feedback on this o_O~TL~

Last edited: May 20, 2019
    Bedawyn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.