Request - Make crafted furniture dyable!

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Raven Swiftbow, May 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

It's wonderful that we can now dye a limited number of deco items in the game.

But there are many, many items which we cannot dye. One that would make many of us sing for joy would be if we could dye the crafted furniture! Not necessarily the 'wood' on these pieces, but the cushions.

- the crafted rustic furniture would look awesome if I could dye the cushions dark green. (How appropriate would that look in a hunting lodge?)
    - the crafted 'brown suede' furniture would look good if I could dye the 'brown suede' black! (My not-so-nice character would love that option.)

I'm sure there's more - a number of the chairs come to mind. I'm sure that others could chime in here with the many crafted pieces that would benefit from this. AND - this would be good for both crafters and for selling dyes in the store!

Please think about going back through these to give us more dyable options.

Thanks!!

2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I'm not disagreeing, but since you are saying chairs you know that there are a bunch that are dyeable? Canvas, antique and padded are all dyeable.

Jaesun and Black Tortoise like this.
  3. Raven Swiftbow

Ah, yes, that's true! I had forgotten about those. But you cannot dye the crafted rustic chairs or the brown suede chairs. It would take some bug brigade work to go through everything and build a list for Port as to what furniture is and is not dyable. But I know the community, and especially the bug brigade, would be happy to give them such a list!

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

it's the cloth vs. leather thing. they have made many individual leather drop and store and telethon things dyeable, but not announced "leather is dyeable now!" Until then, we can't expect that if it is leather it's dyeable and if it's not it's a bug.

5. Raven Swiftbow

Agreed, @Alley Oop - which is why I chose to put this as a Request rather than a Bug. But if they wanted us to give them a list of what is/isn't dyable you know we would be all over it like, um, bugs on a windshield? lol

Jaesun, Bedawyn, Time Lord and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.