Moving around speed outfit advice

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fiero Steele, May 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

Hi all,

I shop like crazy for deco items and try to hit all the vendors I can every day and decided to get a outfit to help increase my speed moving around for mostly in towns.

What I have so far,

Necklace - Lavalliere of the Lagomorph +5% move rate

Ring - Ring of the unknown BMC member - for the 150% encumbrance capacity

Boots - Books of skulking - +2 move rate when using Silent movement (GM), use this to cross large distances in the big towns.

Shield - Carnal Vile shield - +10% move rate

Weapon - Deceitful vile wand - for the +20 strength to carry more items

Know that there are cloaks/wings that also add speed %.
    I know about Fleet Flute, not sure if this useful in towns.
    Potions, use sometimes.
    Skills - Sprint, use this as well

Now using leather items but maybe I should move over to cloth for more speed?

But I'm looking for more speed items to add to my outfit, would be happy to hear if there are more that I'm unaware of.

Thanks for reading,
    Fiero Steele

Time Lord, Spoon, Thwip and 1 other person like this.
  2. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I've been searching in vain for the source of my belief that you can only stack two speed buffs, regardless of how many show on your equipment. I remember that Chris was concerned with this at one time. Perhaps someone knows if this is true. In towns I use the flute and potion of wolf speed which works pretty good for movement. IMO the belt of the Ox will get you to your max encumbrance because encumbrance is also limited to a max percentage of your base skill. Ox belt plus strength buffs is the best strategy for increasing carry capacity.

Innascual Inch and Time Lord like this.
  3. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

I combine dash and fleet flute regularly and see a speed increase. The difference is noticeable in both Novia and town. Light armor passive swiftness I assume is in use.

Belt of Ox's slowdown scales based on what I've seen. So the more movement boosters you have, the more pronounced the slowdown.

You may try trading BMC Ring for Ring of Brittle Brawn. I think encumbrance boosters are additive percentage-wise instead of multiplicative.

Fiero Steele likes this.
  4. Pifester

Pifester Bug Hunter

I crafted wings, and boots. Wings give 3.6% move rate, and boots give 2.5% move rate. I also enchanted the Lavalliere of Lagomorph necklace to add another 4.9 dex & 3.4 Int.

Fiero Steele likes this.
  5. Innascual Inch

Innascual Inch Avatar

I remember this change also, but I dont remember exactly when (1-2 years ago?) but I believe the limitations was to 2 active buffs (like Dash and Fleet Flute) and it doesn’t pertain to passive speed enhancing stats on gear.

Time Lord and Aldo like this.
  6. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

If you're more into this kind of thing than combat, I would just specialize in air and light armor for the extended duration dash and sprint. Those last for a few minutes at high level, so it's very convenient. Can just use your boots of skulking with that and you'll be super fast.

Jaesun, StarLord and Fiero Steele like this.
  7. Yigg Endimion

Yigg Endimion Avatar

Make sure to use Blink, if you are in a town.

Jaesun, StarLord and Fiero Steele like this.
  8. Alioth

Alioth Avatar

Sprint was the first skill I GM'd, with that and Dash, light armor, I have a hard enough time steering through tight spaces. I just mash 2 and 3 (sprint / dash presets) while I'm running periodically. I haven't felt the need for any further speed. I use BMC ring and backpack with +20% capacity buff, strength of earth buff every 20 minutes, and my carry weight is about 900 lbs. Plenty of capacity for trading, especially with the global bank now available.

Jaesun, Time Lord and Fiero Steele like this.
  9. Gia2

Gia2 Avatar

I remember DEVs talking about a cap of only 2 speed modifiers stacking each other. I am curious: could be possible to have 2 actives + passives (boots etc.)?

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

I'm thinking the limit only applies to active buffs. If you try to cast 3 actives the oldest one drops when you cast the third. If you have 2 actives up and equip a piece of armour with a passive the two buffs stay up. Hard to be sure but that's my theory :)

Time Lord, Alley Oop and Mac2 like this.
  11. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

You can get the move rate MW on the boots. Because you can only stack 2 active speed buff skills at a time, I skip sprint. the fleet flute adds 3 move rate and dash will go ever 3 the higher your tree is. With a air tree of 140 in the skills, a 5 stack dash will do 5 move rate. There is one exception to the 2 active speed buffs and that is the moon speced shadow form. At gm in spec it will add another 1.3 move rate while in shadow form, which is stealth to kick in your boots of skulking too.

You can also only have 2 active avoidance skills active except for the earth speced shield of crystal is like the moon speced shadow form and will stack on top of 2 other avoidance skills.

12. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

Oo interesting - I didn't know that Earth Shield was an exception to the two avoidance buff rule <quickly adds fortify defenses to his Earth alt's deck> :)

Boris Mondragon, Mac2 and Alley Oop like this.
  13. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

My characters that use heavy armor carry around potions of wolf speed and train Dash to at least lvl 80. The combination of those two is quite fast.

Otherwise my main has almost GM sprint and GM dash. I just use both together and its fast enough for me :)

Time Lord likes this.
  14. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

If you use bezerker stance, at level 140 its a 2.7 move rate, mostly I just use that and dash on my physical build so I can use fitzowens lute for healing.

Boris Mondragon and Time Lord like this.
  15. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

The math on some seem right, but I'd love to see a short distance speed test between all these :D~TL~

16. Alioth

Alioth Avatar

You’re going to sponsor track and field day? I’ll sign up. :)

Gravidy and Time Lord like this.
  17. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

"I gotta get in allot better shape for this stuff" :p
    [​IMG]

:rolleyes: I saw one of my friends "zip" by me in town the other day. He seemed pretty good on the straightaways, but he did seem to need a bit more bumpers around those tight turns :D~TL~

Boris Mondragon, Alioth and Mac2 like this.
  18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

[​IMG]

Time Lord likes this.
  19. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Looks like that guy has bumpers built in :).

Boris Mondragon and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.