Hey, I finally got around to making a dungeon. There are problems.

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Cora Cuz'avich, May 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

1. The only craftable foyer doesn't match the other craftable dungeon pieces. There is no transition piece either, so it is just an ugly abrupt change in style.

2. Which brings up the fact that there are very few transition pieces at all. And the ones that exist, are only between store-bought styles, or between store-bought styles and telethon reward styles. (And while I'm griping about that, I would love a "broken wall into natural cavern" transition. Even better, an actual breakable wall.

2a. I did briefly consider buying a bunch of ancient stone pieces from the store, but they don't match some of the room drops in style, so I'd still want some stone dungeon to ancient stone transitions.​

3. There is no natural cavern foyer other than the giant minecart one. It's nice, but if the story I'm creating is a cave that hasn't been disturbed in centuries, the giant rollercoaster being the first thing you see sorta wrecks that.

4. Lighting. I would suggest removing the torches, or allowing us to leave them off by default. I'd like to control the lighting myself using light sources I place so I can create a mood, and the torches ruin that.

5. Where's the doors?

6. I know this one, if possible, is far off, but I'ma put it here. It'd be nice to be able to "pick up" deco'd sections and move them. I spent a bunch of time doing deco, only to realize that to change the layout, I have to pick up and re-place all the deco in any sections I want to change.

2. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Something else to consider. Allowing players to place a vendor in the dungeon. At least in the Foyer. Would be nice to order a brew from your local vendor, sit and enjoy after a hard day adventuring!

3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Presumably that will be a thing eventually, or at least, quest NPCs, if/when the player made quests system happens.

Sentinel2 likes this.
  4. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

I hope they allow NPC's in dungeons. I have two small (1x1) rooms near the entrance of my dungeon. One has crafting stations to salvage any found loots, the other has a place for an NPC vendor to buy said salvaged items, as well as sell some helpful items at or near cost.

5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Has there been any talk of how doors might be implemented? I don't really have time to watch all the streams these days. My hope would be for both dividers that could be placed across a hall/room, and ones that could be applied at the intersection of two segments. I suppose the doors are the easy part, it'd be locks and keys that are probably a nightmare. (But hey, it'd be a good place to make the lockpick skill a thing. Does that still even exist?)

Speaking of dividers, in general dungeon styled- dividers would be cool. It'd be neat to make a larger room where you could see a goal on the other side of a fence or something, but not be able to reach until passing through the room from a different direction. Oh! And two-storey one-way halls! I want to be able to build a longish dungeon which gives you a way near the end to drop back to near the entrance. (Or, I suppose, a placeable exit point, which might be easier to implement. Or, ideally, both. :D

6. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I finally got some drops from Hilt. I got recipes right away early on, but after a week or so of grinding, couldn't get any blueprints. Now they seem to drop decently, or I've been really really lucky. Among them are the add/remove spawns recipes. For one, I think it's really crappy that to use something that drops in game the way I want to requires COTOs. That said, since both recipes are a thing, how do I know what the default is? I can finally make the rotunda, which I've really wanted for a while, but do Kobolds spawn automatically in there? I mean, I suppose I'll find out once I gather up enough granite to build it, but that may be a bit.

[Edit: Nevermind. I just got a "Rotunda with Spawns" recipe. That pretty much answers my question.]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.