Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Release 66 Instructions Feedback Post

Discussion in 'Release 66 QA Feedback' started by DarkStarr, May 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Here is an early rough draft of the Release 66 Instructions Post. Lots of stuff is still in progress, including the text itself, features, content, etc. Some things listed here are not yet in the build and might NOT make the release!

As always this thread is for editing the post itself, clarifying the contents, etc. It is NOT about debating game features, decisions, etc. Please start other threads for that.

Also as usual the links to instructions and known issues are pointing to R65 so I don't need to be told that. :)

I also don't need to be reminded about blank areas or places that say <insert more here> or are blank. I got those. :)

Also please DO NOT give feedback on the ORIGINAL text that I cut and paste from the Quarterly Schedule Post. As a rule we never edit the original text. We only put new text afterwards in italics. That way we make sure everyone knows we aren't hiding anything, especially if something is delayed. ;)

Sole, Elwyn, Sean Silverfoot and 7 others like this.
  2. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Two of these things are not like the others. Not sure if that is intentional.
    • Sun Warding: Moon tree skill that gives a bonus to Sun Resistance and a penalty to Sun Attunement.
    • Moon Warding: Sun tree skill that gives a bonus to Moon Resistance and a penalty to Moon Attunement.
    • Air Warding: Earth tree skill that gives a bonus to Air Resistance and a penalty to Sun Attunement.
    • Earth Warding: Air tree skill that gives a bonus to Earth Resistance and a penalty to Earth Attunement.
    • Life Warding: Death tree skill that gives a bonus to Life Resistance and a penalty to Death Attunement.
    • Death Warding: Life tree skill that gives a bonus to Death Resistance and a penalty to Death Attunement.
    • Water Warding: Fire tree skill that gives a bonus to Water Resistance and a penalty to Water Attunement.
    • Fire Warding: Water tree skill that gives a bonus to Fire Resistance and a penalty to Fire Attunement.
    • Magic Warding: Tactics tree that gives a modest bonus to the resistance of all magic schools except Chaos and a modest penalty to all schools except Chaos.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  3. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

• Wardings: Nine new warding skills have been added! Each school of magic other than Chaos has a new Warding passive skill in it. The skill in each tree is aimed at suppressing the magic of the opposing school. It grants a positive boost to the resistance for the resistance and a negative attunement penalty resulting in a net positive resistance.
    Not sure how you want to fix it, but that is kind of clumsy in it's wording.

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

err... it was? this is the first i've heard of it.

amarious and Girlsname like this.
  5. Silvanus

Silvanus Avatar

Just logged in to QA.Win.64.831 looking for the new Taming skills ... unless I've missed something, the Taming tree is unchanged (Warding doesn't seem to be up yet either). Any thoughts on when they'll be available or what I missed in reading through the R66 post?

Kelly O'Shay and Girlsname like this.
  6. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Most of the changes were added to version control after the current QA buld was started. These builds can take around 7 hours to create and then testing is needed before they release them to us. Chris was saying you shouldn’t expect until the build that is coming out on Friday. Just in time for the weekend.

As a side note, the post should have been placed in its own thread. This thread is only for comments about the content of Darkstarr’s instruction document. Comments, questions, and discussions about what is in the document should be posted elesewhere,

Sean Silverfoot and Alley Oop like this.
  7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

don't forget the bark corpions in the rise!

8. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Taming stuff will be in the next build. I had been holding it for personal testing but now checked in.

9. thesometimeslurker

thesometimeslurker Avatar

Did death pets get any new things?

10. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

No, only tamed stuff so far. I'll get some more summoned work done next release.

Echondas and Perashim like this.
  11. thesometimeslurker

thesometimeslurker Avatar

Looking forward to it! Thank you so much!

12. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

OHHHH MAN, I am excited about this release, some love for tamers, and even though I dont like pets myself, I know LOTS of people really like taming. The artifact combinations should give some value to some of the artifacts again. The warding skills being in now for people who need some resistances but dont wanna use magic. These are 3 main things many people have been waiting.

13. Summer Breeze

Summer Breeze Avatar

The Quick Reference on "Housing" in the Player Instructions is missing the (default) keys for resizing deco, ALT-Z & ALT-X.

Echondas likes this.
  14. Admiralloyd

Admiralloyd Avatar

What about tamed Unicorn? What about tamed Clock Work Pets from K'rul?
    Just want to know this is real good pets with real strong debuff and attack.

15. Fox Blue

Fox Blue Avatar

R65 Party Pet Bonuses Delayed: Work on patches for Release 64 delayed our work on Party Pet Bonuses.
    [Party Pet Bonuses] R66 is still delayed or not????

16. Malimn

Malimn Avatar

YET AGAIN Crafting issues have been delayed and yet more combat and taming are being added. Crafter's need some love too and we are constantly put on the back burner for other skills.

Fenrus MacRath likes this.
  17. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Well, one is done by Chris and the other is done by Bzuz. Chris doesn't want to stomp on Bzuz's plans so these are two different silos. There's no one other than Bzuz to work on crafting, and he's on the critical path for a lot of systems. Instead of complaining that new combat skills were added, try to get them to get Bzuz off other systems. That's the only way that crafting is going to get some love.

Fenrus MacRath likes this.
  18. DarkStarr

So I'm going to ding folks for complaining in this thread and refer to my quote from my opening post so I have to also ding folks for saying nice stuff to sadly. :(

From OP: "As always this thread is for editing the post itself, clarifying the contents, etc. It is NOT about debating game features, decisions, etc. Please start other threads for that."

Sean Silverfoot, Merrik and Jaesun like this.
  19. DarkStarr

So I'm going to ding folks for complaining in this thread and refer to my quote from my opening post so I have to also ding folks for saying nice stuff to sadly. :(

From OP: "As always this thread is for editing the post itself, clarifying the contents, etc. It is NOT about debating game features, decisions, etc. Please start other threads for that."

20. DarkStarr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.