Episode 2 Stretch Goals

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grimbone, May 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

What happened with the Episode 2 stretch goals? Why were there no other stretch goals made for Episode 2? We have a single mount stretch goal, that has barely moved in months, and it seems there is no interest in even reaching the only stretch goal that was created by the powers that be.

Anyone else feel this is a huge missed opportunity? Am I just misinformed and more stretch goals for Episode 2 will be coming?

rebbieforever and Titania Xylia like this.
  2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Grimbone and Barugon like this.
  3. Titania Xylia

Titania Xylia Avatar

Yeah, if they made the current stretch goals more clear and added some depth, they'd gain traction.

Grimbone likes this.
  4. redfish

redfish Avatar

Well...

If they're going to continue with the 'stretch goal store' idea and want it to actually work with a high target, the mounts stretch goal needs new store items. While there are some people willing to buy to resell, most people don't have deep pockets and aren't going to buy 20 horses. Otherwise, they should find a different way to do stretch goals.

And IMO its going to be the same with any stretch goal they put up. The issue isn't mounts. They originally had several stretch goal stores up, and the mounts one was the most funded. The idea now is that once one stretch goal is complete, they were going to put up a new one.

Though, honestly, sometimes it seems that the intent of the stretch goal store is to slow walk it, because they have plenty on their plate with limited funding and a rough schedule. And if that's their goal, I can't argue with that. But I also think there are a lot of cool stuff they could add on the mounts store, that a lot of people have suggested in other threads.

Grimbone and Violette Dyonisys like this.
  5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I'd also point out that since mounts aren't really planned to be useful for much, it would make sense they wouldn't have a lot of takers.

Grimbone and Xandra7 like this.
  6. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

What’s the point of having a mount In sota? With double run speed buffs you can fly threw zones in a blink of a eye. It takes 2 mins to cross the whole map, speed isn’t a factor. They also said there would be no mounted combat so to me the whole mounts idea is a failed concept.

Better would have been boat stretch goals and with sea navagation and fishing.

7. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

It has been said that the plan is for Ep2 zones to be substantially bigger so mounts might make more sense....

Grimbone and Gravidy like this.
  8. redfish

redfish Avatar

@Brass Knuckles

Heh if its so fast to cross the map, why did we need more teleport options.

Game numbers can always be adjusted. The game would feel and function a lot better IMO if instead of stacking up on multiple speed buffs, whenever we needed to travel fast, we'd whistle a mount. Walking in central Brittany and want to get somewhere fast, whistle amount. Whether we're talking about map travel or within zones. It would also balance better, with speed buffs producing less complications in combat. Same thing with pack animals instead of encumbrance buffs.

Anyway, that aside... You're going to have the same issues with any stretch goal store. We did have a boats stretch goal store. (See here) Mounts got more total funding if I remember correctly. The issue isn't the stretch goal, its the process and how its incentivized for players. I want mounts, but I've already bought mounts stuff, and I can't pour more money into the store for things I don't need.

Grimbone and rebbieforever like this.
  9. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Except, last I heard, mounts aren't going to be useable in scenes, only on the overworld. That might have changed; I don't watch many of the streams these days.

Grimbone likes this.
  10. redfish

redfish Avatar

From what I understand, the plan was just they couldn't enter dungeons or in buildings and would have to be dismounted for combat.

Grimbone and rebbieforever like this.
  11. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Lazy gamers? I did not support more tp options I would like more recall options to houses I own though. A reward for ownership and remove all tp scrolls imop.

If you want to get to owls head fast drop a lot in a town near there etc.

Grimbone and Elwyn like this.
  12. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

You would also be auto dismounted if hit by an attack.

Grimbone likes this.
  13. redfish

redfish Avatar

:) Yea thats a whole other discussion. But I was just commenting on the irony.

I do think adding stuff like mounts and pack animals to the game would make the game better, and the issue with the stretch goal store has to do with not enough stuff to buy than really what the stretch goal is.

Grimbone and Brass Knuckles like this.
  14. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I’d like rare tamable mounts but meh. Adding new mounts that would excite me exceeds this teams ability. The animation requirement is daunting I cant imagine what it would take to get a disarable looking lizard or something other than a horse would be. adding new mobs as it is streaches this teams ability look at how long the wyvern and baby dragons took and they are almost the same.

4-6 months per mount no thanks use that time to do stuff that actually will pull in players.

Last edited: May 24, 2019
    Boris Mondragon, Grimbone and Elwyn like this.
  15. redfish

redfish Avatar

Well we have different opinions on what will pull in players. I think the better the game feels and functions, and the more it is like a classic RPG, the stronger its audience will be. Its not all about handing out shinies and giving players instant gratification, but creating a world and game they'll love and will want to live and stay in and adventure in for years.

But yes, funding and time is an issue atm... and I think that's one of the reasons its being slow walked.

Yea, I believe that's the plan. Although personally, I think it would be cool if some mounts could fight just like pets can. Long term, mounted combat might make sense too, but I know that's not in the current plan.

Grimbone likes this.
  16. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

See we do agree on something.

Grimbone, Elwyn and Mishras like this.
  17. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

Thanks for the replies. I feel Mounts would go along way in Sota. People in Sota like to show off their outfits, homes, dungeons and more. Mounts would fit right in imo. I just feel like it is a missed opportunity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.