Time away from Sota

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by moxiepilot, May 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

The world has fallen. The Titans are insane, trapped, or dead. The scribes who once told their tales are gone. Their stories now are but broken relics to find and piece together before they crumble to dust.

moxiepilot, Xandra7, OxNull and 3 others like this.
  2. Astirian

Astirian Avatar

So when can I hire you? Honestly, that's some nifty writing!

moxiepilot and Beaumaris like this.
  3. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Bugs?

I blame those chaotic Cabalaists. They are the reason those "features" exist!

;-)

moxiepilot and Cordelayne like this.
  4. jschoice

jschoice Avatar

I recently completed the main story and no major issues to report at all.

Astirian and moxiepilot like this.
  5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

In so far not experiencing all these so called “bugged” quests with a newly created character. I’ve been slowly going through and finishing them just fine. The journal entries clear and the blue markers clear as well.

If you have an older existing character, that will probably have many still open journal entries that aren’t closing correctly or at all and blue sparkles everywhere. This is currently the case with my year old character.

I also have finished almost every single quest in the game I am aware of. They all finished just fine. I still do have a few more to do though.

You could use your ONE TIME quest reset to go through all the quests now or start a new character.

Some people here like to continue to report false information about the game unfortunately.

6. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

They simply report the most up to date information they have, even if it is multiple months old.

Amelli, Redhammer, Astirian and 2 others like this.
  7. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Which is a fair statement. I repeated as much multiple times in my comments. The last time I completed the online game was in December of 2018. It's quite possible they fixed the myriad of bugs that my wife and I encountered, but I doubt it.

The other quest I mention I know for a fact still does not work. I went back and tried to do it two weeks ago and it was still bugged or simply incomplete.

8. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

While still others turn a blind eye to any problems and issues that persist or continue to arise. It's like a sycophantic echochamber around here sometimes where development of the game is only viewed through rose colored glasses.

Gregg247, Amelli, Xandra7 and 4 others like this.
  9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Oh I don’t disagree there’s still a myriad of other lingering issues. Like the skill descriptions just for one example. I could go on and on about that.....

But your statement the quests are all bugged are false statements. At least in the current game with my new character.

They were in pretty bad shape a while ago.

moxiepilot likes this.
  10. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

I never said they were ALL bugged I mentioned a few on the Love quest line and another side quest. NONE of my statements were false.

11. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

My apologies if I was mistaken that you were inferring that all quest were bugged. Many still have issues though.

I will respond to one of your claims of a "bug" though:

The key can be found in SEVERAL different locations. Not one area. The journal entree (Press the J key) clearly states the locations it CAN be found. It is not found in only one area. Also the Mayor specifically states and tells you specifically all the locations where the key can be found. Also the possible locations of the keys are marked on your compass.

I completed and finished that quest over a year ago just fine. I have NOT done the quest recently though. But I will, will my new character.

moxiepilot and rebbieforever like this.
  12. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

I checked all these locations and none of them had a key. After searching the forums and watching a youtube video on it, from what I could discern, the quest was changed and it was supposed to be in the one area, with the other areas being a "red herring". Regardless, this just adds credence to my point that some quests are incomplete or buggy. Why is this stuff so completely non-intuitive, it is literally baffling in this day and age. It isn't the 80's anymore.

Let me know if you find it though, because I am very keen to see how the quest plays out and complete it myself.

13. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

No one is turning a blind eye imo. We know there are problems too. We are not here to turn a blind eye but to keep supporting that things get fixed.

I definitely am not totally satisfied with everything but It does not mean I don't appreciate so many of the fixes and changes that have recently come in. Some are very game changing for players who are ok waiting it out and rally for what they want to see.

Such as cooking needs love and only has one skill. Let cooks learn to enhance those lower tier foods like we do with enchanting our weapons and armor to make them useful. Cooking is very much missing things.

So some good things we have gotten for example the teleport to zone mark scroll which allows us to mark all locations we visit. If you open it up it shows all scenes and with control key will show you what is in those locations. You can even mark a mine and enter right into the mine and filter mines to see all mines you have and what ore is in them. This thing was a big game changer for a game with tons of broken up loading scenes.

If there was a reason to be on the map this would be fine but there is not too much reason atm except for close locations or because we just wanted to conserve our resources.

Also getting rid of decay was a big deal. Siege and control point bypasses was big for those who just wanted to. Getting Universe Chat was so needed as well as the mail system.

I typed in The trade chat that I wanted an item and 2 minutes or so later someone wrote they had it and sent it to me with the price and I sent the gold right back. There are things happening and I know the quest system that got added in was not a good representation of what this game deserved. We need to keep fighting for an improvement to that. Well those of us who have not given up hope but I am here to do it if someone gave up already.

There is no reason we cannot change that for episode 2 and not even a reason but a must. It must be fixed for the story going forward as well as a decent journal system. We need improved lands and quest system going forward. The current quest system can be patched up as much as it can but coding and NPC mapping is there already. We have an opportunity to map the new lands and code so much better than was first done and imo it is a must.

I also don't want to be running through player housing to find NPCs I need for quests. Put the housing on the outskirts please not in the middle of quest NPC's. Later perhaps Episode 1 can get revamped but who knows if it is possible to rip everything out to add the new system in. I know nothing but I do think the devs are fully aware of the problem and focus needs to be pointed at those.

So everyone has their feelings about the game and their level of patience. I am strong in my wants for this game and eventually if some of those aren't added in then I might lose my patience but right now when so much is happening is not when I will lose it and maybe I won't. So just some thoughts from me. Be well and best wishes always.

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  14. Redhammer

Redhammer Avatar

My gosh people. This was a simple request by someone who was thinking of revisiting this game. The simple answer is yes please try it again!! I personally enjoy much of the game... Yes I use outside sources for help when it comes to questing. I have a hard time seeing some of the clues, okay is that really the games fault...maybe I am just missing something...The quests can be done, just look around the game..everyone playing has the "shroud of the avatar" most use it all the time...Yes I agree that some of the quests could be improved, even re-written going forward...BUT I really don't see a need to dumb them down so 8 year olds can just follow a line in the sand...Questing is not about going from point a to point and having the answers given to you...It is about unrevealing the clues and finding the ultimate goal. They are supposed to be a challenge and when you complete one you get a treat...My Gosh...Nothing in this world is perfect please stop pounding the crap out of issues that you don't like... Try to focus on what you do like...

I an not saying you should ignore problems but it seems like everyone who posts rambles on about every problem they ever had with the game...who is that really helping?? Good luck and safe travels...I hope everyone can just hunker down and have fun!!

15. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

I think the beef is not that the quests aren't fun or challenging or stupid. The problem is that some are bugged. I completed all quest lines a long time ago and my journal still shows I need to complete things that have already been completed. That is the problem.

You are totally correct otherwise.

16. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

[​IMG]

17. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

@Jaesun

So I went back to crooked shank and the key was finally on the floor of the banquet/dancing area.

I am happy that this was finally fixed because it was one of the only quests I had left.

Also, I apologize if I came across as combative in my previous posts. I am sorely disappointed in where things have been going with the development of the game, especially as it relates to the story and quests.

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  18. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:rolleyes: Even after so much time and effort and sacrificing other game components for them...
    [​IMG]
    I know the quests were suppose to reflect a time when Ultima VII was the happening thing... But it just ain't even to that level :confused:
    I'm hoping that as our new episodes get added, that the level of quest craft will drag itself out of it's dark ages.
    It's still quite possible that's the plan, to up the questing game with each new release.
    By Ep#5, I expect symbolism, riddle and stagecraft to replace lonely script.
    Silly me for thinking so, but what else is there to hope for?

[​IMG]

It's still fun, but it could be allot better, so maybe it will be?
    That's the question that still hangs itself in the air o_O

~Time Lord~

moxiepilot, Xandra7, Astirian and 3 others like this.
  19. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

@Time Lord

As always I love your candor and enduring optimism my dear friend. :)

While I don't hope for Shrouds failure, quite the contrary actually, I just don't have any more faith in it's longitudinal development. We were all initially sold...a story rich, selective multiplayer game and now it is all a pixel crack, medieval sims game. I'm not knocking that for those that enjoy it, heck I LOVE the housing, however, I wanted that Ultima story and we don't have it. At all! Like you said:

20. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

We should not reject the opinion of those who believed in this project... I have so much respect for these guys. We all want the best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.