Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Problems getting the quest-item turn-in window

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Gravidy, May 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gravidy

Gravidy Avatar

This bug is happening to a lot of players right now. It comes up in universe chat regularly. I have *not* personally experienced it directly, but I helped a friend through this issue. I'll describe this issue as my friend saw it with a particular quest, but others have seen it across other quests...

- the quest was the blood river outskirts quest to give the warrant to drumplemouth
    - the appropriate trigger would sometimes flash the turn-in window, then it would disappear immediately, and it won't come back
    - any other attempt would yield no success
    - logging out and back in, would sometimes cause the window to flash once, but not actually work
    - eventually, my friend quit the game (for dinner), and when he came back it worked

Here's a video clip of what he saw: https://clips.twitch.tv/AliveSwissCheeseDansGame

Elwyn, Thermight and Jaesun like this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

it looks like it's closing the window when the conversation mode kicks in. try turning that off?

settings > interface > enable conversation close-ups

Thermight and Jaesun like this.
  3. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report, especially the video clip! Issue # 64877

4. darkskwerl

darkskwerl Avatar

I also just had this happen to me when trying to turn in the Alpha Wolf Head, Betty's Collar, and Cotton to Farmer Filmore in Solace Bridge Outskirts.

5. Thermight

Thermight Avatar

Happened to me with multiple quests with item turn ins. Window for item trade did not even cone up briefly

Fix was to uncheck this option close client and cone back. Walking away and reengaging did nor ever help.
    settings > interface > enable conversation close-ups

6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I always have that option checked on, and I rarely if ever see these quest turn in window problems?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.