Help with Duo Questing: Game discourages it...

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Thermight, May 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thermight

Thermight Avatar

Question 1: Are the Main Episode 1 quest chains (Truth, Love, Courage) more like Elder Scrolls Online's main quest chain? You are meant to only do 1 or 2 quests and then stop and grind another 2 weeks of game play and come back? If so, then...

Question 2: Where is all the tier 2 questing fun hiding?

Where we are:
    Day 6 starting from scratch with a friend. We are both using advanced draw decks and have a strong handle on game. Adventure Level in the 30s. I'm Shield/Heavy/Blades he's got ranged spells. So we can survive 3 skull/t3 now. I know AL isn't perfect indicator and ours is low due to using exp pool efficiently.

Problem is at every turn the game is telling us either:
    1. Stop with your multiplay nonsense! Do a solo instance NOW to continue chain!
    2. Stop! This quest chain is too fun. Your next quest will be 2-3 skulls higher quest than you can handle

Specifics on our experience so far:
    • I chose Path of Courage in Highvale. Did a few quests together. "Free Sir Patrick!" stopped us cold. First it was solo instance which sucks but I get it. Second, quest was impossible for us at Adventure level 10-15 and we have tried again up to AL25.
    • He started Path of Love. I looked up the chain to make sure we were following it. Quickly got to "Tower of Shuttered Eye". At this point we could handle tier 3 duo but Tower is tier 4. Now our AL is about ~30. Reading forums people couldn't do it until AL50 or 60 and even at 75 some could barely survive in there. I was assuming "Ok too-hard area but maybe Min will just meet us at the instance start and hand us the quest item and we won't have to fight our way to the center tower.
      • Now that we went back and tried to solo the quest won't even progress at all. (I've read it breaks if you try and do it first in party)
      • He has been working on stealth, can't even stealth by the mobs
    • Went looking for quests in several t2 areas and a few major towns. Not much luck. Got a few "This will be impossible for you" By the way journal does not have any comment on the impossibility of the 2 quests above.
    Quest scaling and solos are ruining our fun. Need to figure out how to fix this by finding more quests.
    The skill point levelling system is very fun
    The world map (novia) is very cool
    Exploring is fun
    Graphics are fine
    Draw system is pretty cool and solves the problem of "too many skills on my skill bar" or waiting for cooldowns nicely
    Exploring mechanics of a new game together is really fun

Thanks for any pointers you can provide.

Cordelayne and moko like this.
  2. Thermight

Thermight Avatar

3. rebbieforever

rebbieforever Avatar

The easiest path is the path of courage probably and it was the first I completed. If I remember well, for the Shattered Eye Tower, you are sent there by a guy from Ardoris and need to a significant number of floors but there are a lot undead that can kill you, I think i was reaching the guy there running died and revived nearby as I was alone and low level too but it has been a while. But I do recall a ressurection cross being near. There are a few occasions that I found dieing and reviving ahead helps doing higher level scenes since you skip a good chunk of mobs. Generally speaking on all sandbox games training your skills is a real difference so its not bad taking a small break doing sidequest or exploring scenes and training your skills a bit. I dont like some things are solo either but I think they done some this way to prevent making them too easy Free Sir Patrick is hard but if when you die you return fairly fast you go on the wave you started. But I remember doing it like AL40. Generally I seem to have had more exp than you - I went first on doing all outskirts fully with their sidequests and then went on courage till the point I could, Iove till the point I could and truth till the point I could - after that returned to finish off Courage first, Love second and Truth last.

The below link may help you with some questing but use it whenever you dont mind spoilers:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ons-to-puzzles-treasure-hunts-spoilers.61625/

Thermight likes this.
  4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Stop everything and go do Truth first. There two of you can handle the Crag Foothills part I believe. That's the only combat, and the XP will go a long way toward getting you through the other two.

And yeah, it majorly sucks when you suddenly have to go Single Player if you're playing with a friend. Particularly if one of those is not an experienced gamer.

Thermight and rebbieforever like this.
  5. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

One thing that I can suggest you, the main story line has 3 branches (Courage, Truth & Love) and all 3 go very well hand in hand. Basically, you would want to push on one of them until you hit a wall, then go do another one until you hit a wall there too, and then the third one until you hit a wall, and then rinse and repeat.

As for the multiplayer questing, I agree, it is something that annoys me, and I think it is to avoid having a high level player carry his friend through it.

Numa and Thermight like this.
  6. Thermight

Thermight Avatar

Tips on methodically doing all outskirts fully and their side quests? Are you talking about anything named "... Outskirts" outside of the Major cities?

Really appreciate the helpful suggestions!

7. rebbieforever

rebbieforever Avatar

There are 3 outskirt areas highvale outskirts, blood river and solace bridge

http://sotawiki.net/sota/Category:Outskirts

all got side quests, some of which you find exploring

I think also geistersellen or what its called quest is fixed now - it was for tier 2 if I recall well and it is near the area you are

Jaesun and Thermight like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.