Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Game STILL won't launch in Win7x64 sp2. Did direct download & keep getting Unitycrashhandler64.exe

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by mikeaw1101, May 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

Shroud worked fine before with exact this same system, nothing in my hardware has been changed to make it stop working. Here's my original post:

I took someone's advice and downloaded the client and installed directly from the SoTA website and not Steam. It still won't launch. Shwoud of the Avatar.exe shows up in task manager processes along with something called Unitycrashandler64.exe, so it appears definitely something going on with the build or Unity version upgrade. Please, if a DEV is reading this- please respond because I would really like to play the game again. I can send you system spec reports, logs, whatever you want. Not sure what else to do at this point, the game is completely broken for me.

2. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Is it the launcher that crashes or the game? either way, there should be a "Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data" and "Shroud of the Avatar_Data" folder, in side the game folder. Which ever is the crashing one, inside the game data one there should be sota_log.txt in the launcher data folder there should be output_log.txt. Perhaps paste it to pastebin and post the pastebin here?

3. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

Thank you for the reply! I think it's the game that's crashing because the launcher loads up, but I'm not sure if it's updating. Maybe the launcher is the problem though, because the only .txt log file I could find was in the Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data folder, it was called output_log.txt and there was not a corresponding one in the data folder. Here is the contents of the launcher output log:

Initialize engine version: 5.6.4p3 (11e8f66cfca7)
    GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
    Direct3D:
    Version: Direct3D 9.0c [nvd3dum.dll 26.21.14.3064]
    Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
    Vendor: NVIDIA
    VRAM: 3072 MB (via DXGI)
    Caps: Shader=30 DepthRT=1 NativeDepth=1 NativeShadow=1 DF16=0 INTZ=1 NULL=1 RESZ=0 SlowINTZ=0 ATOC=1 BC4=1 BC5=1
    Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
    Platform assembly: F:\Program Files\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading F:\Program Files\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: F:\Program Files\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\I18N.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: F:\Program Files\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\I18N.West.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: F:\Program Files\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading F:\Program Files\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: F:\Program Files\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading F:\Program Files\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: F:\Program Files\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading F:\Program Files\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: F:\Program Files\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\I18N.CJK.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading F:\Program Files\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\I18N.CJK.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: F:\Program Files\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\I18N.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading F:\Program Files\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\I18N.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: F:\Program Files\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\I18N.MidEast.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading F:\Program Files\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\I18N.MidEast.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: F:\Program Files\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\I18N.Other.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading F:\Program Files\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\I18N.Other.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: F:\Program Files\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\I18N.Rare.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading F:\Program Files\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\I18N.Rare.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: F:\Program Files\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\I18N.West.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading F:\Program Files\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\I18N.West.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: F:\Program Files\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\Ionic.Zip.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading F:\Program Files\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\Ionic.Zip.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: F:\Program Files\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\Mono.Nat.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading F:\Program Files\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\Mono.Nat.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: F:\Program Files\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\MonoTorrent.Dht.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading F:\Program Files\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\MonoTorrent.Dht.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: F:\Program Files\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\MonoTorrent.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading F:\Program Files\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\MonoTorrent.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: F:\Program Files\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\Photon3Unity3D.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading F:\Program Files\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\Photon3Unity3D.dll into Unity Child Domain
    - Completed reload, in 0.073 seconds
    Platform assembly: F:\Program Files\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\System.Core.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: F:\Program Files\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\System.dll (this message is harmless)
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/VR/BlitCopyFromTexArray' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/VR/BlitCopyFromTexArray' - Setting to default shader.
    <RI> Initializing input.

<RI> Input initialized.

desktop: 1920x1200 59Hz; virtual: 1920x1200 at 0,0
    <RI> Initialized touch support.

UnloadTime: 2.399616 ms
    LanguageManager, Language=English, Culture=en-US, SystemCulture=en-US, Partner=None
    (Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

Platform assembly: F:\Program Files\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\System.Xml.dll (this message is harmless)
    PatchClient Awake, version: 147 settingsfile: Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data/patchsettings.txt gameVersionfile: F:/Program Files/Portalarium/Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar_Data/gameversion.txt
    (Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

This is the patch client launched as: F:/Program Files/Portalarium/Shroud of the Avatar/Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data F:\Program Files\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher.exe

Starting patch client update...

Platform assembly: F:\Program Files\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\System.Configuration.dll (this message is harmless)
    SystemInfo, graphicsDeviceName=NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, graphicsMemorySize=3072, graphicsDeviceType=Direct3D9, operatingSystem=Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit, processorCount=12, processorType=Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6800K CPU @ 3.40GHz, systemMemorySize=32678

SotA.DEV.Win.32.147.Date.05.26.19, LocalTime=5/26/2019 6:55:19 PM, Patch=lonely-exterminator

SystemInfo, graphicsDeviceName=NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, graphicsMemorySize=3072, graphicsDeviceType=Direct3D9, operatingSystem=Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit, processorCount=12, processorType=Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6800K CPU @ 3.40GHz, systemMemorySize=32678

Checking SotALauncher-PID file: F:\Program Files\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\SotALauncher.pid

Checking SotALauncher-PID file contents: 5612

Starting p2p engine...

No existing dht nodes could be loaded
    Fallback handler could not load library F:/Program Files/Portalarium/Shroud of the Avatar/Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data/Mono/libc
    Fallback handler could not load library F:/Program Files/Portalarium/Shroud of the Avatar/Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data/Mono/.\libc
    Fallback handler could not load library F:/Program Files/Portalarium/Shroud of the Avatar/Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data/Mono/libc
    GetLatestVersion=|147|147|https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/u...ndaloneWindowsPatcher&from=0&to=147sotaPatch|

PatchClientNeedsToUpdate? thisVersion=147 onlineVersion=147

GetLatestVersion=|979|-1||https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/update_service/patcher.php?patchUnavailableFor=979

Start Got the settings and latest online version

NeedsToUpdate? thisVersion=979 onlineVersion=979

Checking SotA-PID file: F:\Program Files\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\SotA.pid

Checking for SotAProcess at path=F:/Program Files/Portalarium/Shroud of the Avatar\SotAProcess.txt

This is the patch client launched as: F:/Program Files/Portalarium/Shroud of the Avatar/Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data F:\Program Files\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher.exe

Starting patch client update...

Checking SotALauncher-PID file: F:\Program Files\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\SotALauncher.pid

Checking SotALauncher-PID file contents: 7620

Starting p2p engine...

GetLatestVersion=|147|147|https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/u...ndaloneWindowsPatcher&from=0&to=147sotaPatch|

PatchClientNeedsToUpdate? thisVersion=147 onlineVersion=147

GetLatestVersion=|979|-1||https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/update_service/patcher.php?patchUnavailableFor=979

Start Got the settings and latest online version

NeedsToUpdate? thisVersion=979 onlineVersion=979

arguments: -single-instance -logFile "F:\Program Files\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar_Data\sota_log.txt"

Starting game at: F:/Program Files/Portalarium/Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar.exe

Application initiated quit...

Setting up 6 worker threads for Enlighten.
    Thread -> id: 1fc0 -> priority: 1
    Thread -> id: 1fc4 -> priority: 1
    Thread -> id: 1fd0 -> priority: 1
    Thread -> id: 1fc8 -> priority: 1
    Thread -> id: 1fd4 -> priority: 1
    Thread -> id: 1fcc -> priority: 1

I hope this helps and thank you again!

liz_the_wiz likes this.
  4. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Hi,

that does indeed look like its kinda working, so it does seem like its doing that - choices then come down to anti virus maybe blocking the exe maybe? Some antivirus apps are overly paranoid and dont like self updating things, or want you to approve things.

I no longer have a win7 machine around - mainly cos MS dont support it properly any more, now, it used to be shroud put log files in the user folder, but trying to go from memory, in explorer goto %appdata% and look in local, and roaming if you have them, and see if theres an txt or log file there..

5. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

Thank you again for the replies! I couldn't find any log files either in my profile appdata (local or roaming) or temp files, and I tried totally disabling my software firewall and antivirus (Norton 360), no dice. The launcher comes up but then the game itself won't start and I get that unity crash handler exe file showing up under system processes. I can dm you a screenshot of task manager with the crash handler program if you like since I can't figure out how to post an image directly to this post. It says "unitycrashhandler64.exe".

6. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Unfortunately both the launcher and the game are written in unity, so, it might not help much. What happens if you just run the shroud of the avatar.exe from the game folder, and not the launcher? Im wondering if we need to reset your settings. Any chance you changed any hardware or something since it last properly ran?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.