Old Prospector quest: Where's Zeferino?

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Drya, May 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drya

Drya Avatar

Looking for help, as I'm stymied. Got the original quest from Zan in Tenebris Harbor. He sent me to North Shattered Hills. There were helps on the map that indicated one should look for Zalo in this area. I looked and looked and couldn't find him. Then a Google search give me the clue that he could be found at or after dawn. *grumbles* Quest didn't say anything about a specific time of day so glad I got that insight from the forum. Zalo, however, sent me to Zavier in South Shattered Hills. Again the map gave hints of areas to search for Zavier. Found Zavier by a campfire.

He sent me to Penmawr Island to look for his brother Zeferino who he said would be on the hilltop by his fire. Searched all over the hilltop and all around the island. I did find a campfire on the hilltop, but no Zeferino anywhere in the area. I've now gone back multiple different times of the day, but no Zeferino. Unfortunately there is no map available for Penmwar Island so I don't have any map prompts to work from and the blue sparklies appear to take me to the area around the campfire I've been searching. It's on the hilltop near a fallen log that can be climbed up from the beach, fairly close to the town.

Can anyone tell me, if there is another mysterious and unknown time of day constraint? Am I in the correct spot? I am tired of wandering aimlessly around Penmwar Island. Guidance would be much appreciated. I'm collecting dance emotes and would like to add the Old Prospector dance (the quest reward) to my Emote collection. Yes, I know there was a time limit originally on this quest, but they made it available again with Release 54.

2. nimueCW

nimueCW Bug Hunter

I'm sorry that I can't give you exact directions, but he is kind of "in" the mountain/hill. If you go up to the top of the mountain/hill's flat area and walk around the edge, you should be able to see his campsite in a rocky outcrop.
    The empty campsite seems to be a red herring. As far as I know, time of day doesn't matter

Drya likes this.
  3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

yes, time of day is just when they'll talk to you. they're always available within a couple of yards of that area, though.

Drya likes this.
  4. Drya

Drya Avatar

Thank you for your help. With your encouragement and hints, I was able to locate Zeferino and learn the Old Prospector dance.

Not sure how to hide this spoiler, for those who enjoy the hunt, but here is his location on Penmawr Island: Area: Penmawr Island Loc: (25.695, 39.311, 189.368)

Last edited: May 29, 2019
  5. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Code:
     [spoiler="click me I'm a spoiler"] supersecret secret [/spoiler] 
    like so:
    supersecret secret

Jaesun and Drya like this.
  6. Drya

Drya Avatar

Couldn't figure where to insert this code, but thanks for the suggestion. Gave it a couple of tries but no luck.

7. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

quote my post and you will see how the text looks like, then just copy paste the text into a post and edit to your liking

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.