Global auction/market search discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by golruul, May 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

This is not true. That is the equivalent of me saying "There is no way I can ever solo Ruined Keep".

If I go spend the time building up my character, even I, a lowly merchant, could eventually solo Ruined Keep.

If a new player wants to get a good spot, they are available. They aren't all free, if they want one next to the Aerie Public Vendor they might have to pay the current owner a pile of gold, but the stack is probably not that high. It will take some work, but it is doable. Just like leveling up.

There are other ways of getting in high traffic locations as well, guilds, talk to the market town owners until you find one, camp expiring locations.

Again, look at CICI, who has gone through more high end locations in less than a year than I've had in my entire play time.

When I hear "It's impossible to get a location" I literally hear "I just want a spot handed to me, I don't want to play that part of the game I just want it to fall in my lap".

If it's going to be a brainless clicker game then I'd like it to be that way for PvE too. Everything for free, I just tap a button on my phone repeatedly and I'm soloing Torc!

Fiero Steele likes this.
  2. golruul

golruul Avatar

I think it's 10%? Not sure, actually, since I never used it.

To be clear, I'm actually not against your idea. My end-goal is global auction house, but I'm all for any implementation that improves on the current situation. Single public vendor per town having a list of everything is fine with me as well.

Amelli and Fenrus MacRath like this.
  3. Fenrus MacRath

Fenrus MacRath Avatar

No, what I am saying here is " I had not even heard about Shroud of the Avatar until 2019 (Like a NEW player would say) and I wasn't around when this all happened. Now I want to sell my granite, or buy some weapons, but I dont want to spend all weekend searching out vendors and admiring their tastefully decorated abodes, I just want to find an "Insert item here" and go back to trying to kill a troll, Or decorate my cool free row home , or go fishing, etc.

Bedawyn, FrostII, Astirian and 2 others like this.
  4. CICI

CICI Avatar

Town market search & make you walk to the vendor is ok =):) I'm a trader/real estate mogul in Sota

Last edited: May 28, 2019
    Bedawyn, Barugon and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  5. Fenrus MacRath

Fenrus MacRath Avatar

How ever it shakes out to me is fine, I have 6 vendors and I do OK under the current system. I am a part of the "Landed Gentry", so I am supporting the GAH/ Linked Public Vendors , in opposition to my privileged status. I guess it doesn't matter what we argue about here, as its likely to never come to fruition anyway. If we don't get new players in here and with a real sense of urgency. we may all be discussing how to make Chronicles of Elyria a better game next year, cause this one will be dead.

Amelli likes this.
  6. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

It also doesn't matter because at this point it is just us arguing with each other, the devs have long ago made their decision and gone back to work.

Spoon and Fenrus MacRath like this.
  7. Fenrus MacRath

Fenrus MacRath Avatar

WORD!.. I should get back to work too, lol

Vladamir Begemot and Cordelayne like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.