1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Rewards Program Update (and Release 66 Rewards)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, May 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I would love if someone summarized pertinent parts of stream or gave a time stamp. I can’t watch tens of hours of video per week to see reasoning on changes or updates. I’m curious about housing updates I saw alluded to by another devs post that supposedly was also talked about or hinted about in a stream somewhere in the past week or so.

I don’t care though that the items are “exclusive” to the subscription. In part because I have a subscription, and honestly in part because Portalarium doesn’t use exclusive the same way I would.

Edit - not knowing the reasoning, I’m sure that it’s just good practice not to your monthly income up for everyone. I think the stretch goals are interesting to receive but don’t feel that recently there was much correlation between interesting rewards and people buying COTO packages.

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  2. redfish

redfish Avatar

I prefer reading dev blogs to things like podcasts, streams, videos, myself. Takes a lot of time to watch something that can be read in a few minutes ;)

Streams are good for prizes tho :)

3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Yeah, they'll be in the Vault eventually.

arcdevil and Time Lord like this.
  4. Forum Name

Forum Name Avatar

Super neat that a dev streams but I’ll say it again as others note here - dispensing information primarily via hours and hours of streams is not great for some of us. It is beyond cool you stream and connect with the community, but should not be the defacto way to provide info. In case you havent figured it out, people on these boards are growing tired of being told to go watch the stream for x item.

Here’s a crazy idea Chris - instead of streaming for 3 hours a day, stream for 2:45. Then use that other 15 minutes to summarize anything of import in a forum post for those people that can’t take 3 hours off of work to find out what is happening with this game.

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  5. Forum Name

Forum Name Avatar

Perhaps people have stretch goal fatigue?

I can also confirm people stretched for goals back in the days of quarterly telethons. I know because I bought a large bundle once to push it past $100k (enjoy the magic brooms!).

But with monthly rewards, maybe now they just don’t feel as special, and thus less consistent “stretch” buying. Or it could be we are tired of a lot of recycled items at this point. So this change is probably a good call to switch things up a bit.

6. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

if I understand this correctly... if you don't login for that given month then you won't get the rewards anymore even if you login a few months later? is this correct?

7. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

also... the $5 dollar store purchase no longer qualifies for the rewards? sorry for the questions, I'm just trying to understand this...

8. Oakenhammer

Oakenhammer Avatar

The primary method of communication are the announcements here in the forms, weekly emails, and patch notes. All of these summarize the final design details that made it into the game. The information Chris provides in his streams is bonus information and insights that comes before those official communications.

9. Oakenhammer

Oakenhammer Avatar

That is correct. Going forward, it is necessary to subscribe to the Rewards Program to get the monthly rewards. There won't be "stretch goals" anymore.

Kabalyero Kidd likes this.
  10. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

back then... with the little cash I can spend in games... if the rewards are really interesting, I would even use 2 accounts to spend $5 dollars (total $10)... that's not going to happen anymore... sorry SotA... money from the little folks are not good enough anymore... LOL...

11. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

As I understand it the rewards subscription will have two types of rewards. First is the old subscription rewards. Nothing changes with those. They always get delivered. The second is an additional, new reward type that is abeing added to the subscription. That is the login reward. You need to login every month to get that reward. That is the hat, emote, etc . You can only get that reward with a subscription.

The $5 store purchase has been gone for a few months. You had to spend at least d10 to get the cheapest item. There aren’t any stretch goal rewards anymore. Purchasing cotos from the store won’t get you any special rewards, at least for now.

Mishikal likes this.
  12. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

[​IMG]

Xandra7, Cyin, twofoldsilence and 4 others like this.
  13. Shift

Shift Avatar

what I don't like about this change is that you are basically making the 9$ subscription less value than it used to be. Instead of getting all stretch goal items (sometimes we would get a ton) now we are limited to just 3 crappy items an emote a crappy wearable like a hat and or a cloak and 1 other item. Atos Stated that People that Pay the Higher Tier Subs will get more items. That's really crappy. If this is the case. I have zero incentive to keep the subscriptions active. We get that you want to make more money. But Actively Devaluing your 9$ subscription just so you can squeeze a little bit more revenue out of the community is counterintuitive .

14. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

I did say... back then... hehehe :D

Time Lord and Cordelayne like this.
  15. redfish

redfish Avatar

Though honestly, they haven't been meeting all the stretch goals ever since they made the changes that pushed players to subs; so it might not end up being that much of a loss in value.

16. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

But more than three for certain!

Perhaps the emote is nice, don't know. Not interested in the hat (looks like a dyed tophat?) or the duck. Considering I can get Cotos on the player market much cheaper than the subscription, I think I'll watch one more month to see next month's rewards, but likely will cancel my subscriptions if they keep being of that level of attractiveness. I got enough obsidian potions to last me a long time and can get my Cotos from other sources. I'll keep the titles I have earned in the past even after cancelling the subscription, right? Like "Keeper of the Vow"?

Amelli, Time Lord and Cordelayne like this.
  17. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

“Nomadic Lifestyle”

Amirite

Cordelayne, arcdevil and Amelli like this.
  18. rebbieforever

rebbieforever Avatar

Just to clear up, there hasnt been a 5usd/euro purchase option a while now and to be more specific since the shop and the COTOs amounts changed(remember we used to get 10 cotos per sub and now we get 900 as the valuation changed)

Edit: unless you mean buying a character slot but I am not sure if this kind of purchase counted

Time Lord likes this.
  19. Mylady ‘Gin Gin Darlin

Mylady ‘Gin Gin Darlin Avatar

How are those of us who don’t use twitch/discord/don’t have time to watch/working/time zones/etc supposed to have any dialog with yourself?

Your alienating us.

Please bring back communication into the forums.

20. Mylady ‘Gin Gin Darlin

Mylady ‘Gin Gin Darlin Avatar

Source?

Those aren’t the same as what is being offered here, where if you don’t log in you lose out.

Cordelayne likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.