Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

New Pet Speed Taming Skill not Working (Video Proof)

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Shift, May 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shift

Shift Avatar

05/28/2019 23:38
    Title: New taming Skill Pet Speed not working.
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker?
    Details: I haev new Pet Speed Skill Trained to GM (100)
    Pet speed is still really slow. Obviously not working as intended. I even have equiped New Legendary Taming Artifact that Raises Taming Pet Speed.
    Steps to Reproduce: Train Pet speed to 100 Summon Pet Set to follow close. Cast Dash/sprint run away from pet and turn around.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 16252
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.QA.Win.64.836.Date.05.28.19
    Area: Braemar
    Area Display Name: Braemar
    Loc: (-49.7, 26.9, -102.9)
    Debug: QnJhZW1hcnx8KC00OS43MDMsIDI2LjkyLCAtMTAyLjg2OSl8KDAsIDAuMDMxLCAwLCAxKXwzLjY2OTM0NnwxMHwxMS4yNzQwMQ==

I reported this. To @Atos During His livestream He was pretty convinced that it was working. I don't know what build he's using but on the latest QA build its not working. I don't think very much testing has been done. I have a Video with Proof.

Pawz likes this.
  2. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

There are a couple of issues with it currently. First and most important, tamed pets are stupid when they attack and don't approach fast. There is a bug open about that on Undone currently. Second, the speed of the tamed pet is set when you summon it. So, if you leveled it up in one play session without manually unsummoning and resummoning him, it would still be slow. Third, they vary their speed based on how far behind they fall and if you move fast, the teleport distance is too small and they never get up to speed. I'll investigate the last item. The middle item is probably just how it will stay and is really only a one time issue for QA people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.