Tiered rarity's for new artifacts!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Arkah EMPstrike, May 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

The new artifacts are gonna Have different tiers of rarity with different levels of power!

These are gonna be different tiers for the same item with different drop rates and the ability to COMBINE the more common ones to create higher tier versions!

Common
    Uncommon
    Rare
    Legendary

using One of the stats I saw on one new artifact he was making:

common +2 pet taunt
    Uncommon +4 pet taunt
    Rare +8 pet taunt
    Legendary +10 pet taunt

2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

If we can combine the lower tiers to make higher tiers, I am all in for it, sounds like a decent way to make artifact drops relevant a bit!

Time Lord, FrostII, Dhanas and 2 others like this.
  3. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Ohhhh daaaaayum hes gonna go thru and add tier'd rarity for allt he old artifacts too 0.0

4. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

5. amarious

amarious Avatar

I think that I just peed a little out of excitement.

6. Gia2

Gia2 Avatar

Ahahahahahah

7. amarious

amarious Avatar

Does this include existing old ones too?

8. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

So, does that mean the ones we already have in inventory will change? Am I going to login one day, and find my FLeet Flute is now only +.5 Speed because It's now a "Tier 1" artifact, and +3 speed is now a "Tier 4" artifact?

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Oakenhammer

Oakenhammer Avatar

Chris said he'll have to go back and modify the old ones, but yes, that is his plan. No ETA on that work since it'll probably be time consuming.

I would bet that all of the existing ones will maintain their current stats and you'll just have an opportunity to combine them to make them even better.

10. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

Curious if something like a Warlock Chain and/or its components will be affected.

Additional thought, will Greater Ring of Luck simply become a higher tiered Ring of Luck?

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    Time Lord likes this.
  11. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I assume these can all be masterwork/enchanted?

12. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

Would be kind of silly if they can't be. I've joined you in assuming :)

Jaesun, CatherineRose and Time Lord like this.
  13. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

"Power Creep", it's something to begin becoming aware of in our new discovery of greater power... :) "I love what I'm seeing, but with caution" o_O

@Arkah EMPstrike , I can see all of this as the near future of our game, yet I also wonder if this is to be "the end all, be all" of what all will come in our more distant future. It took maybe 2 years from when such things began first showing up in great numbers, which causes me to wonder "where the ceiling of power" may actually be in our game, if there is any ceiling at all.

:oops: For all who may not know about this gaming terminology or more about Power Creep...

:eek: In many ways, our game is a card game, even when talking about artifacts or master crafted objects, which makes the following video relevant to the future of our game.

The first sight of the Power Creep are often times of excitement because of it's alluring insidious nature.
    [​IMG]

:rolleyes: For example, when it comes to tamer characters, I've always expressed caution, because the tamer skill in effect almost doubles any player's ability to hunt or fight at any level they are currently more challenged in. From the tamer player perspective, this is a good thing, yet from any player without such a pet, then they are at a great disadvantage when the two are compared.

o_O Yet, another thing I see that becomes very possible in our future because of taming, is having an "NPC Combat Companion". From the standpoint of craft players and the COTO-Store for (cosmetic low level starter) equipment, such a thing would be a great boom for economic business.

:rolleyes: But there it is again... "The Power Creep", which would then, just as the tamer skill did, almost double any player's hunting abilities and leaves the non-tamer character behind in their hunting abilities. o_O I'm sure @Chris has some balancing issues in mind that will counter such effects, but it will remain speculative until he does. In the mean time, our game will ebb and flow within it's balancing ways of development, which is bound to cause controversy as such issues arise, yet I do predict that Power Creep will be a greater increasing issue within our game, because of it's current trajectory of advanced power being introduced into it. This current introduction of new stronger power isn't right or wrong, it's only a rise in the Power Creep trajectory which at some point will either be dealt with, or allowed to follow it's very predictable effect in limiting our game's ultimate lifespan.

Artifacts are nothing more than ever increasing power. I only use tamers as a current example for examples of the effects of Power Creep.

[​IMG]
    Power Creep: "The answer to your question is no"...
    The higher the curve, the shorter the lifespan.
    It's just a matter of time o_O~Time Lord~

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2019
    Bedawyn and Boris Mondragon like this.
  14. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Unless there is an escalating chance of artifact combination failure and destruction, there will not be rarity. Just vendors filled up with combined Level 4 artifacts in a few weeks.

Bedawyn, Jaesun, Spinok and 1 other person like this.
  15. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Until we know how many artefacts it takes to create a higher tier we will not know its effect. It will clean up a lot of junk artefacts laying around. Let’s say it take 2x as many for each tier escalation it makes sense.

Common x2 = Uncommon etc.. if that guess is within ballpark estimations it would take 16 common to make a legendary. Maybe it’sDurability will be doubled as well.

@Chris ; What do you think of this simple formula?

Don’t aim your cannons at the Pirate’s ship as this is just a common sense suggestion. R/Boris/El Pirata

Time Lord likes this.
  16. Brent S

Brent S Avatar

@Boris Mondragon I think I saw that it is the same as the totems:
    4 common to make an uncommon
    4 uncommon to make a rare
    4 rare to make a legendary.

total to make a legendary should be 64 common if my math is correct.

I may or may not have 40 of one particular ring at the moment. :)

Time Lord likes this.
  17. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Brother; that is a bit excessive unless we are going to see common and rare drops in game. Maybe a 2x3x4
    is more feasible. It will definitely clean up a lot of stuff that has been stored away and help the economy.

Durability progressive scaling from 50/100/150/200 to make this worthwhile. R/Boris

Time Lord, CatherineRose and Brent S like this.
  18. Brent S

Brent S Avatar

I really hope it isn't as expensive as what I saw in another thread. It cost me over 100,000 gold to get all of those and it isn't even the 64 needed for a legendary at that rate. :(

Time Lord and Boris Mondragon like this.
  19. Brent S

Brent S Avatar

@Boris Mondragon I found it in the R66 post by Starr:

Artifact Combining: Going forward Artifacts will come in four types: Common, Uncommon, Rare, and Legendary. Like the totems, you can combine 4 of the same type to get the next tier up. Over time we will update the older artifacts to be of the Uncommon type so they can be upgraded as well.

That is a bummer.

Time Lord and Boris Mondragon like this.
  20. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Yup; a lot of trading will happen. I hope they increase the drop rate.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.