Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

All new T15 pets are summoning at a T13 level.

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Pawz, Jun 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

06/01/2019 19:45
    Title: All new T15 pets are summoning at a T13 level.
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? kinda
    Details: All new T15 pets (other than Lupine Destroyer, I can't find one yet) are summoning as T13 pets.
    Steps to Reproduce: Tame and summon a new T15 pet and you will get a T13 pet.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8) System RAM: 16324
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8096
    SotA.Win.64.984.Date.05.31.19
    Area: Novia
    Area Display Name: Novia
    Loc: (98.7, 21.3, 344.1)
    Debug: Tm92aWF8fCg5OC43NDMsIDIxLjMyNSwgMzQ0LjA4KXwoMCwgMC43MzEsIDAsIDAuNjgzKXw5Ni4wOTI1NHwyMS44MDExMXwyMA==

Perashim likes this.
  2. gracy

gracy Avatar

Yes at least the Darkstarr Destroyer
    I didn't see yet the spider at hilt

3. Jaath Windsong

Jaath Windsong Avatar

I think this issue and the last issue you reported are the same thing. The level of our pets is limited by our Summoning skill, which currently limits our pets to level 89 at GM, level 100 at 126, and level 125 at 200 Summoning. Since the T13 pets appear to be level 125, it is actually impossible to summon a T15 pet.

Shift likes this.
  4. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

No, the obsidian destroyer is a T15 pet.

5. Jaath Windsong

Jaath Windsong Avatar

You misunderstand. I don't mean that they cannot actually be summoned, I mean that when you do summon a T15 pet you don't actually get a T15 pet.

Let me explain. No, there is too much, let me sum up:

The game only has one of each tamable; spiders, bears, crocodiles, boars, name it, there is only one of them. They have different paint jobs, different levels, and you can boost their stats with Taming Specialization, but there is only one of each pet. To the game, a tamed bear is the same as any other tamed bear i.e. a Brown Bear is the same as a Polar Bear is the same as an Obsidian Destroyer. Again, their levels and stats can be different, but they are the same bear.

Since buffs like Combat Training and Blessing of the Tamer are applied after the Summoning cut-off, and since Taming Specialization applies equally to every pet, they can be ignored for the purposes of this conversation. All that matters here is the Summoning skill.

So let us take Three Little Bears, a Large Obsidian Bear (level 100), a Ferocious Obsidian Bear (T13, or level 125), and an Obsidian Destroyer (T15, or level 150, not that it matters). I personally have a Summoning Skill of 106, which equates to a Tame Creature Max Level of 92. It doesn't matter which one of these I summon, because they are all over my Tame Creature Max Level of 92. No matter which of them I summon, I will get a Level 92 bear, because 92 is the highest level bear that my Summoning skill allows me to summon.

If you were to have a Summoning skill over 129 (or so), your Tame Creature Max Level would be 101, meaning that you would not get the same bear every time, if you summoned the Large Obsidian Bear you would get a level 100 pet, because that is the maximum level of that pet, but if you were to summon the T13 or T15 bears, you would get a level 101 bear, both limited by your Summoning skill.

If you had a Summoning skill of about 225, you could see the difference between the T13 and T15 bears, because you could summon a Level 126 pet. I don't think you do (I could be wrong).

The way the Summoning skill currently is, it would take a Summoning skill of about 300 to actually fully summon a T15 pet. Is this a bug or working as intended? Who could say?

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  6. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

No, that's not how it works. Chris explained it. When you tame a pet, you're given a tamed version of the pet. The version we are getting is the wrong version.

To use cars as an example when you tame a BMW 8 model the game will give you a BWM 4 model but right now we are getting a BMW 3 model.

They are aware and I'm sure they will fix it.

OzzyOsbourne and Perashim like this.
  7. thesometimeslurker

thesometimeslurker Avatar

Can confirm, my Ferocious Black Arachnid is no stronger than my Ferocious Red Spider, despite it requiring 89 Summoning instead of 79.

OzzyOsbourne likes this.
  8. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

There wasn’t someth8ng with the formula for tamed pets that Chris fixed today. That fix should be In wednesday’s or Thursday’s patch. Ie the next one

Perashim likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.