Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Partially unusable planting bed

Discussion in 'Crafting, Harvesting, Salvage, & Agriculture' started by Kliirkast, Jun 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kliirkast

Kliirkast Localization Team

06/04/2019 18:07
    Title: Partially unusable planting bed
    Reproduction Rate: ??
    Blocker? not really
    Details: Yesterday I was able to plant 20 garlics in a large planting bed. I was able to water those and, when mature, to harvest those. I've changed nothing on my lot. Today morning I was able to plant the 20 plants, and water them a first time after planting using the batch water plants skill, BUT after 8 hours when I try to water those plants I just can batch water 12 of them. By trial and error I discovered that I could 'use' each non-watered spot to water those one by one… but not all ! 2 spots still need water, as shown by the tooltip when hovering above the spots, and by the dry aspect of the ground !
    Things to note : When watering the non usable spots (one by one or with batch water skill) the water buckets are indeed used ! If I redo the watering, more buckets are used. I checked : nothing hangs above the bed. What has changed ?
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16334
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4043
    SotA.Win.64.984.Date.05.31.19
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_02_template/Metallicus
    Area Display Name: Metallicus
    Loc: (26.2, 36.5, -128.2)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAyX3RlbXBsYXRlfE1ldGFsbGljdXN8KDI2LjE3OSwgMzYuNTA1LCAtMTI4LjE5Nyl8KDAsIDAuOTg5LCAwLCAwLjE1KXwxNjQuODMzMXw2NS4zNzE0NHwxNi44NDk5OA==

2. Kliirkast

More info…
    Today morning I went to my lot to water the 3rd time my planting beds.
    To my great amazement, the two offending spots were different.
    One was showing "needs water" like expected (although I don't know how many time it has been watered) but the other was "watered" with damp earth around it (so it has been watered in the last 8 hours and I've been offline the last 14 hours). Maybe someone from Portalarium came and went (barefoot servant too) solving the problem ?
    Thing to note : The buckets I have used without any result yesterday are back in my inventory today.

Hope this helps,

J from B.

3. tyorl999

tyorl999 Avatar

I have this issue sometimes on different beds on my cotton farm. If I see, that I can´t water some spots with the batch , I enter my basement. With the reload of a scene the "used" buckets come back to my inventory.

I finish watering my beds and if I see that still some spots looks like "unwatered" I make it spot by spot.

So mostly it is just one spot at a bed which is "buggy", but this bugged spot stopp the batch-watering for the whole batch-circle.

as teh result: the water is used, the plant is watered and you earn the full bulk from the matured plant.

I think this bug ist known for serveral month now, but nobody can explain it.

4. Kliirkast

@tyorl999 Thanks for your answer.
    I noticed that the 2 offending spots had some herbs from the plot ground going through the bed at their place… Maybe it's related.
    And you are right, harvesting that bed, and more specifically those 2 spots, gave me the expected number of plants (i.e. 8 garlics in my case).

Take care,

J from B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.