1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed 65006] Edwin in Soltown Being Contrary Again

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Bedawyn, Jun 3, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

06/03/2019 15:08
    Title: Edwin Being Contrary Again
    Reproduction Rate: 1/1 (though searching the forums reveals that Edwin has a pattern of being contrary; he seems not to go for more than a release or two without another quest bug popping up)
    Blocker? No
    Details:

I accepted Edwin's apprentice quest the day of Release 66, and didn't jot down notes, but there was something wrong with the beginning dialogue. I don't remember the details clearly, but I think it was that "Collect 12 pieces of cotton" appeared in your to-do list without any dialogue from Edwin explaining why. (This dialogue was present in earlier releases.)

Today, I received the Collect Animal Hides part of this quest, returned with them, and received the proper recipes for the next step (making the yards of leather). While doing so, I ran out of salt so returned to Edwin to buy more.

When I did so, he gave me the vendor window, but he also gave me a bunch of experience that I should not have received until I turned in the helm (which was not yet in my inventory). He also gave me -- in the chat window only, not over his head, so I didn't notice it until I looked up the chat log just now, the dialogue paragraph he's supposed to give only after you give him the helm.

Since I didn't notice that immediately, I went on with my crafting and then returned to him with the helm. However, now all he will do is say "Please return when you have 10 animal hides" (which of course I turned in a while back). He won't engage in any further dialogue.

In addition, once I began the tanning process, the to-do list tasks did not update properly to go from collecting hides to making the leather to making the helm to returning it. (I don't remember how many intermediate steps usually show up in the list, but I know it shouldn't be staying on "Collect Animal Hides" after you've completed that.)

The journal thinks the quest is completed, has the "I made a helm" paragraph, though I didn't notice when it appeared. I don't remember if there was any monetary reward for this quest, but I think the XP was the only reward, so I presumably have everything I should have gotten from it. However, if new players are getting this experience the first time they do the quest, it's not going to impress them. Even my first reaction was "He's not taking the helm so not letting me complete the quest"; I had to go back and search the log before realizing that he'd apparently completed the quest prematurely instead. A truly new player probably won't be scrolling back several pages in the chat log to figure out why he's not accepting the helm.

Steps to Reproduce: Talk to Edwin in Soltown, accept his apprentice tasks.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8130U CPU @ 2.20GHz (4) System RAM: 8089
    GPU: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 GPU RAM: 2150
    SotA.Win.64.984.Date.05.31.19
    Area: Novia_R1_City_Soltown
    Area Display Name: Soltown
    Loc: (-41.3, 27.2, 13.9)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfQ2l0eV9Tb2x0b3dufHwoLTQxLjMxOCwgMjcuMTU1LCAxMy45MTMpfCgwLCAwLjUzNywgMCwgLTAuODQ0KXwxMDMzLjQyfDEwfDEuMjU=

2. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Also on Edwin:

When you bring back the cotton, he says:
    And you can always learn new recipes - I sell a few, and discover your own through experimenting.

This should be "learn new recipes - I sell a few - and discover your own".

When he gives you the recipes, he says:
    added to your crafing journal
    then make the necessry 4 yards
    go inside to the shop

That should be "crafting", "necessary", and "come inside".

Edwin instructs you to make a bolt of cloth, and his dialogue tells new players that this is necessary to make an inlay for the leather helm. In fact, it isn't necessary and the player ends up with an unused bolt of cloth. Not a serious problem, but a source of potential confusion for a new player.

At the end of the quest, he thanks you for your help, even though you haven't actually helped him at all, only received help.

3. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report and extra info. Issue #65006

Bedawyn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.