Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Warding is too strong

Discussion in 'Release 66 Feedback' started by Hemswal The Descended, Jun 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteelCore

SteelCore Avatar

This morning i decided to test the warding skills in PvE. So i learned fire and death warding, raised both skills to lvl 90. My fire attunement is now 10 and my death attunement is 0. That leaves me with 120 fire resist and 90 death resist. Before i had 75/45.
    So i went to the Rise , ofc used purify/celestial/douse to raise the resists a bit higher and did a lot of mages there. In the end i can confirm warding is working in PvE. I dont have exact numbers but all in all it felt a bit easier than last release.

If the warding resists wouldnt work at all in PvE i should take much more damage because of low attunement, right ?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    Barugon likes this.
  2. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

So, I looked at my /stats in my log file in my /data folder. My resist was NOT 1/2 of my attunement in any of my magic trees. So, either the data output is wrong, or that is fake news.

So, with that said, I'm not so sure my math is horribly wrong.

@Chris attention has been brought to this.

Regardless, some solid testing is in order.

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Attunement does not show as resist in /stats, it shows as attunement and the in-game calculations literally use attunement / 2 + resistance.

4. golruul

golruul Avatar

If you do this kind of testing again, would you mind adding in Fortify Defense to see if it actually reduces crit damage? I've been long suspecting that it doesn't actually work.

5. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Last test on fortify was 2-3 months ago, it was not giving the reduction in crit damage.

golruul likes this.
  6. parallelogram

parallelogram Avatar

^

If I get some time, I will show everyone how to be completely immune to magic in PVP. There is some bad math somewhere and it is not Hemswal's. From my testing, he's pretty close to exact.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.