What does the Lich do for the shinny effect?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chiasma, Jun 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chiasma

Chiasma Bug Hunter

Sometimes I see the Lich casting shinny spell. What does it cast? It looks like some kind of Life magic :eek:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    Time Lord likes this.
  2. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

a long time ago when undead AI was much much tougher, lich mages and skeletal mages could cast resurrect every time something died near them and bring them back to life, that effect was for that resurrection, but they haven't done that in a logn time. That and other things undeads used to do was changed because people in general felt it made them too hard to fight.

Last release or the release before I started noticing them trying to cast it again too.

3. GMDavros

GMDavros Avatar

I wouldn't have a problem with them casting it again. Challenge is good.

Fenris

4. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Woah! That's cool! They should do it again!

5. Astirian

Astirian Avatar

[​IMG]

;)

Barugon likes this.
  6. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

I liked the mechanic of the undead resurrecting too and don't know why they removed it...but I guess the problem might have been the complains of avatars who killed an undead but did not got exp…as far as I remember you got just once exp for killing an undead no matter how often he was resurrected.
    However it sounds just right for an undead mage to be able to eternally resurrect other undead to fight all living beings.
    I would even suggest that at least some creatures should be able to resurrect dead avatars, animals and other previously living creatures to enlarge their army.

7. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

They got rid of it because it made fighting undead a chore, it wasn't difficult, it was just time consuming. Put two skeletal mages near some undead and it made more sense to run passed them instead of fighting them. I'm guessing the devs were smart enough to figure out that if your players would rather soak up arrows and fireballs to run by monsters instead of fighting them, something is wrong.

8. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I might be wrong, but I think the reason it was removed actually had more to do with experience than with difficulty. Originally you got adventure xp for killing an undead mob each time, no matter how many times it was brought back to life. Then it was changed so that you only got adventure xp when you looted an undead mob, but that wasn't very popular, because players always want xp but don't necessarily always want to loot. After that, mob resurrection was removed, which I assume was because of the xp dilemma, but I don't really know that for a fact.

9. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

No you only got XP once, when you finally killed the mob. Back then we had the XP bar on the screen, when you killed a skelly you could watch to see of the bar moved to know if it was time to loot or not.

Lazlo likes this.
  10. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I guess I remember it wrong, but in any case, I don't miss it a whole lot. It was kind of cool, but it made some spots completely ridiculous if solo.

11. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

OH YA, I remember fighting all the liches in deep ravenswood back when they had like 5 skeletons around them and they would rezz all the time. I started to notice the mobs were actually casting the rezz before the mob died, it was preemptive. Once I knew this, I would get a mob low, then stop hitting it and watch the mages and liches cast the rezz then I would finish the mob off and they would not try anymore on that mob.

Jaesun and Lazlo like this.
  12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

LOL, that's precisely what the shinny spell does.

13. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

If a lich casts the spell at the perfect time right when they die they can actually rez themselves. Extremely rare though... seen maybe 4 times.

Nietzsche, Jaesun, Mac2 and 1 other person like this.
  14. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

LOL like that time the lich boss in the rise did that to us LOL.

Jaesun, Chiasma and Sara Dreygon like this.
  15. Chiasma

Chiasma Bug Hunter

I remember the lich boss in the rise summon its skeleton archer next to it if we haven't killed them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.