Can We Get Some Structure, Please?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cordelayne, Jun 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redfish

redfish Avatar

I'm pretty sure politicians have their schedules arranged by their staff to deal with requests by constituents, donors, colleagues, etc. And I'm guessing Cordelayne sees players as constituents, backers as donors....etc.

Yea so the request in the OP was pretty formal and some may take that as imperious. But the suggestion for more structure is a good one -- I think it would help create confidence in the game and lead a larger group of players to be more engaged, so I'm not sure its useful to debate the OPs tone.

Xandra7, Dhanas, Time Lord and 2 others like this.
  2. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Well if you had read my post you would have seen I was merely making a suggestion on how to improve communication.

To answer your question though, Members of Congress (MOC) are of course firstly beholden to us, the taxpayer. They are public servants, serving in those capacities at the behest of their constituents. Having said that, specifically, MOC (regardless of party) have their daily schedules dictated by their respective party leaderships, votes, relevant committee hearings/markups, internal scheduling as it relates to staff meetings, fundraising for their re-election campaigns and other external factors like earned media (press interviews).

As a firefighter my schedule is at the behest of my Battalion Chief who takes his orders from our county-wide Fire Chief. As the commanding officer (Lieutenant) of my shift, I take those orders and formulate an appropriate schedule for my crew every day. Then of course our schedules are dictated by the more obvious factors, such as fires and medic calls.

Stella Moon and Time Lord like this.
  3. Oracle Watcher

Oracle Watcher Avatar

Bzzt. Please keep the discussion civil and respectable!
    [​IMG]

4. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

sigh

Xandra7, MrBlight, Time Lord and 2 others like this.
  5. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Thank you redfish. :)

I apologize if the formality of my posting came across as "imperious" or "condescending", that was never my intention.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

I can verify this. @Cordelayne is sweet (tasting).

Time Lord and Cordelayne like this.
  7. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

No company in the world would be around if people didn’t spend money buying their product. Go back to any store or company office and try to tell them that what they are doing is all wrong and see how many listen to you.

While you may not of called him one, seems to me that the constant you should do things my way and your way sucks seems to treat them that way.

8. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

9. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Right...so you're agreeing with me then.

Not sure if you are being serious with this point, as it happens every day. Here are some examples:

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/215753/understanding_the_successful_.php
    http://time.com/3735718/consumer-pressure-business/
    https://www.afr.com/news/special-re...ng-customers-what-they-wanted-20161107-gsjn04
    https://www.thrivetimeshow.com/busi...to-your-customers-giving-them-what-they-want/
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/blakem...omer-obsessed-companies-in-2018/#67d5f31e6ba1

I have only the utmost respect for @Chris and all the hard work he pours into the game. I've never said otherwise. In fact I say as much in the very beginning of my original post.

Stella Moon, Time Lord and GivenUp like this.
  10. Forum Name

Forum Name Avatar

Good companies do listen to their customers, and especially to customers who are no longer customers, to find out why and see if things need adjusting. You can learn a great deal about improving your business listening to constructive criticism and not just those who offer nothing but sunshine and rainbows.

Xandra7, Dhanas, Dinsoo and 3 others like this.
  11. Khal Drogo

Khal Drogo Avatar

I have no problem with suggestions on how to improve communications in forum between the devs and the player base ...i just dont think its your place to suggest a schedule for them ..no matter how humbly or polite you do it ..some things you just dont do .

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  12. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Wait, I'm confused here...so you don't have any problems with suggestions, just suggestions for a schedule? Ergo, you have a problem with someone making suggestions. Is that correct?

Stella Moon and Time Lord like this.
  13. Mylady ‘Gin Gin Darlin

Mylady ‘Gin Gin Darlin Avatar

But Cordelayne didn’t suggest a schedule. He suggested an agenda that could help Chris’ streams be a bit more streamlined and coherent, and that this information is then easily mirrored in the forums. Much like any business would do during an online conference or meeting.

Of course it takes time to pre-script what would be covered and Chris maybe has too many streams to allow time for that. Equally there isn’t anyone other then the fan base to take ‘minutes for the meeting’ and transfer that information to the forums.

That’s not to say it’s impossible though.

Stella Moon, Time Lord and Cordelayne like this.
  14. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

dear sir... it doesn't matter whether the suggestion is for a schedule or the suggestion is for what @Chris should wear in the livestream... the keyword here is "suggestion"... it's like the word "opinion"... everyone has one but you don't have to listen to it... same with a suggestion, it's not required... it's not mandatory... it's just a suggestion...

I think what we have here is a "failure to communicate"...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  15. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

16. Khal Drogo

Khal Drogo Avatar

No ..He made a suggestion ..which ten posts later turned into an agenda ...which if you read more carefull is in fact a schedule telling Chris when to stream ( ''daily'' ), how long (''an hour and half, but no longer'') and what the talking points should be (16 bullet points )...

and all this because

think that Chris streams are not coherent enough or streamlined

I dont hunt in a pack .

Like i said in a previous post ..not his place to make a schedule for the devs ....

Chris is doing a great job with his streams and i hope this thread will not diminish his work ..i honestly hope he wont read anything here.

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  17. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

18. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

19. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

what I think happened...

Person 1: Posted a suggestion and it was not even slightly combative!
    Person 2: Saw it was posted by a RAW person and saw the post as an attack towards @Chris
    Thread: Gets derailed and lost its purpose...

whole thread summarized...

Mordai, Xandra7, Dhanas and 2 others like this.
  20. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.