1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Collector's Boxes Shipping & Arriving!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Aug 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desslock

Desslock Avatar

So I paid $530 for this game in the initial kickstarter (almost $700 in my local currency), as a Royal Founder Pledge- have been told for months and months that my physical collector's edition would be sent to me. I was one of the first supporters of the game, and have supported Ultima and Richard Garrriott's games since 1982. I'm grateful for all the fun I had playing the Ultimas, but pretty disappointed that I never even got to play the most expensive game I ever bought. Very sad and disheartened that I'll never receive the game, physical or code or anything, when others have.

edit: to add details on my pledge

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
    Birko, K1000 and Cordelayne like this.
  2. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Out of interest why didnt you get to play? you dont need a code, just download and sign in with the details you login here as

Fenrus MacRath, Jaesun and Lained like this.
  3. Desslock

Desslock Avatar

I didn't actually know that, so thanks. I just assumed I'd get the game sent to me around the time it came out or, at the very least, some reasonably short time after release -- the physical components of an Ultima game were an important part of the experience -- I still have all of those games, and keep them displayed in my office, to give you an indication of how much they meant to me. This is so disheartening.

I don't care if my map is signed, if that's a reason for the delay. I interviewed Richard many times over the years and had lots of opportunities for that sort of thing. But I do want the cloth map and other goodies.

Bom and K1000 like this.
  4. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Well Im glad to let you know that for a few years all you actually had to do was download and login, however, you can join us all in sota now and any digital items should be in your rewards (very top right) after logging in, and I wish I could help with the box of goodies, there was a time where they did post and say you had to update your address, which I did, and then somehow there was some form of bug and it didnt confirm so I missed the first lot, but they corrected the bug and I resubmitted and got there the second time, but I know a there are a bunch of people like you who paid and havent had their stuff.

Chris has said a few times on his stream (which I dont seem to be able to catch this week, every time I check hes not on) that there are a bunch of maps he needs, and that he can send without, but after all this time, personally, much as I understand your pain I would kinda want the fully signed one which was the deal, but, I do believe Chris will do everything he can to get it to you. TBH I feel he does way more for the game than LB and DS. While I respect that LB has recently had a bereavement, I know they've both shown up to things in game, but Chris does a lot in game, he builds new things, fixes bugs, does customer support, explains lots of gory details of how things work, and I have huge respect for Chris, and therefore I do truly believe he will fix it..

5. Gamehorder

Gamehorder Avatar

Never got my boxed edition I backed at $150... who do I contact ? Cause support hasn't done ****.

6. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

@Gamehorder did you confirm your address when asked or say anything when boxed initially were sent out? I know Chris has a list of people he needs to get a box too but who’s on it. I don’t know

Jaesun and Cordelayne like this.
  7. idaniod

idaniod Avatar

I received an email from support on May 6th, 2019 (after several other messages had not been responded to) stating that they should be here soon.

Well... today is June 12th, 2019 .. and nothing has been received yet. Another email has been sent, but it's just so sad to see a company act this way.

Montaigne and Paladin Michael like this.
  8. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Unfortunately @Chris had no (Signed) Maps to Go on with sending. Now he has, but is off for a few days as I Heard. I think you and all Others will receive it some day in 2019

Besides:
    You are Missed in Soltown.
    It‘s no Longer what it was before :.(
    Wish you all the best :)

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  9. idaniod

idaniod Avatar

You are very kind! Thanks.

Lack of signed maps is nothing but an excuse as far as I can see. There have been a lot of 'reasons' that I have been hearing from others.. but nothing justifies some people getting their rewards, and others having to wait indefinitely for the same thing. Very sad.

10. Nietzsche

Nietzsche Avatar

I think the procedure is to send Chris a PM on here if you haven’t got your box yet. I’m a Duke founder from Kickstarter still waiting. I pm Chris a month ago and apparently he was going to post my box out the same week. International address so maybe that’s why it hasn’t arrived yet.

11. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

It seems troubling that it is not obvious to someone waiting that the game is already available to play. Looking back at the web site, a 'download now' button is not blatantly apparent. One has to intuit clicking on the avatar image to get to the download link. Not difficult, but more covert than it needs to be. Perhaps this could be improved to make newcomer access more inviting.

12. Paladin Michael

As you know, @Chris believes in Karma - and so do I :)
    So he knows his bad Karma raises, if he does not keep promises ;)
    Let him get back rested and refreshed from his (well earned) vacation and I am confident, the last box roll out will be done until the next two months :)

May be @DarkStarr also lends him a hand to get the path of the SotA boxes completed soon...

Montaigne likes this.
  13. Lained

Lained Avatar

Update from today's stream.

14. Forum Name

Forum Name Avatar

This is good news, but I really wish they would just ship all the boxes, period, without the “shipping to people who have messaged me caveat”. The way that is worded, it sounds like only people reaching out in various ways will get their box.

Everyone, whether they still play or not, talk to Chris or not, deserve their box, without being required to message Chris. He and the company should know who is still owed a box.

15. Reptile7

Reptile7 Avatar

Still waiting on my box here as well as a Royal Founder. Haven't heard from support since February (I think that was the last one I received back...), messaged Chris (June 19th) after randomly deciding to check this forum and still nothing. Kind of getting annoying at this point that I can't even get an answer that my box hasn't been forgotten or lost from a list.

16. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

I believe Chris said in multiple streams back in early to mid February that they had no idea who had and had not received their shipments. He was essentially relying on self reporting.

17. Lained

Lained Avatar

They have a list of those remaining to sent out and a bag of returns to look at too.

18. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

Yes, a list of people who reported to Chris that their items had not been received, which would be why he said he was working from the list of people who had reported to him personally that they had not received their shipment.

19. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

Ok, I am trying yet again this forum also….

So, I haven´t gotten my collectors box yet.

HoustonDragon and Hornpipe like this.
  20. Paladin Michael

The team meets soon with Chris to send out boxes. Chris again told this today.

If you haven't done it yet, just write Chris your account name :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.