So...crafting spec WONT be "choose your bonuses" ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kaeshiva, Jun 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

The idea they designed this behind initially was that they wanted good crafted gear to be something that meant something to people and had real value.

They wanted it to be difficult to craft good stuff, they wanted that stuff to have a high value when traded. To balance that they made it where the stuff doesn't wear out that quickly, and that high end stuff would have Lower durability as a tradeoff for the power it gives.

I agree with oplek that it probly would have been better to make stuff wear out/be destroyed easier and make it a bit easier to create it as well so that it flows more like water through the economy rather than like molasses. With a player base of 600-700 and not everyone even using gear that much, a good crafted gear economy would have to be very fluid and move a lot more quickly than it does now.

I think at this point a better idea would be to make craftable mods to apply to gear. Things that have a chance to break off but are relatively cheap (not TOO cheap) to craft. Throwable weapons, 1-off traps, etc

Boris Mondragon and Gorthyn like this.
  2. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

I see your point and observation yet we need the crafting faucet to open for crafting sake and for the gatherers sake. These are the most vital parts of the game economy imho. The problem has been identified, maybe a separate thread on solutions?

R/Boris

Paladin Michael likes this.
  3. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Food for thought

Remember making crafting too tough will discourage many OFFLINE players who do you have the luxury of taking their items to someone else to do high level MW or enchanting.

Yes , we do have people playing offline as their main game.

4. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Legendary Gear

This could be a good solution to keep both crafters and gatherers busy for a long long time ..without the need to create a symbiotic relationship between crafters and npc's ( crafters craft they sell it to npc's ...economy is inflated ..neverending gold creating machine ..up to a point that gold becomes a worthless currency .). It also removes junk gear from the economy ( the non exceptionals are the biggest loss a crafter takes ) ... Only 25% -30% of the equipment we craft is actually viable for enchants/masterworks ...of that 25% ...1%-5 % turns into something we actually wanted . If we can make higher durability gear by combining lower level gear ( non exceptionals ) our chances to beat the rng and get something decent increase .

5. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Great idea brother; now does it go 4-1 Common to Uncommon , 4-1 uncommon to rare etc? This could be the solution to the problem and I read where you dropped this on the Wishlist Forum. If it follows the artifact proposal for upgrades this is the solution.

@Chris , take a serious look at what @Elrond proposed. This could go hand in hand with crafting specialization.

R/Boris/El Pirata

Paladin Michael and Elrond like this.
  6. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Also playing offline with an Avatar, and I can‘t get the Point, Duke Greagoir.
    Why would making crafting better discourage offline Players? Sorry, May be I am too tired from work ;)
    Could you explain, please?

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  7. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I am saying that make crafting better is great. Also to think how it can impact offline players. Offline players live in their own world and having multiple characters on the same account cannot share items between themselves.

Right now making things takes a lot of resources and trial and error. Making it easier is wonderful.

I know the devs plan on making crafting Specialization one per character so in online no biggie. In offline that will hurt the end player.

8. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

Very good solution! Congrats

Boris Mondragon and Elrond like this.
  9. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

If it happens, we'll have to get an Elrond portrait commissioned so we all have one to hang over our crafting stations.

Jaesun, Boris Mondragon and Elrond like this.
  10. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

Fairly sure this is essentially the same as I had proposed as a solution on page 4......

Let us use RNG, if RNG fails, let us use the resulting junk for very expensive certainty.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  11. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Given that it seems like sort of an obvious solution once you see it, it's not out of the realm of possibility for two people to independently come to the same conclusion.

Elrond likes this.
  12. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

The more crafters we get on board with what I would call the “Crafting dilemma solution”, the faster @Chris may give it serious consideration. It’s not just the crafters but also the boost in demand for the gatherers. Give credit to the one that started the thread and all the ones that contributed to getting it to the solution option we now have.

R/Boris

Elrond likes this.
  13. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Er, okay...

14. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.