Tartarus?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mystarr, Jun 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redfish

redfish Avatar

Those kinds of bugs / OP areas though are just as likely to happen on content that is publicly announced, but where only a few people know about it and tell their friends. And most players don't exploit it even though its open because they don't know about the bug or OP areas. In this case, it was the exact same thing. Even if Tartarus was fully public, only some people would have visited, and only some would have figured out about the bug with the chest.

Chrystoph Reis likes this.
  2. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Rule #1: It ain't my game.
    Rule #2: They're going to do whatever the hell they want with their game.
    Rule #3: If there's any confusion, see Rule #1: It ain't my game.

3. mystarr

mystarr Avatar

Which is why you test stuff on a test server! This isn't @Chris first rodeo.

He knows better, but does it anyway....

4. Forum Name

Forum Name Avatar

Geez, it gets even better that it took the auto loot warning system to catch it - as in, the players just kept happily at it for as long as they could.

I assume everyone got to keep what they looted - i.e., did Chris go wipe out what was gained? *Eight ball thinks no*

5. mystarr

mystarr Avatar

All true, but in the past this game felt like it was being developed by professionals with certain standards.

Since they became officeless nomads, stopped posting the daily standups, and started patching untested code on a daily basis, this feels more and more like a hobby project being developed by some guy (Chris) in his basement

Xandra7, Gregg247, arcdevil and 6 others like this.
  6. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

7. Forum Name

Forum Name Avatar

At least if it went on QA first, we can all pretend that someone would have noticed it and reported it before it went live. Or that the loot warning system would have caught it first there.

Amelli and Cordelayne like this.
  8. redfish

redfish Avatar

@mystarr

Happens on live server from time to time even if its on a QA server first, because players haven't figured it out yet, or there isn't proper reporting.

If the devs really wanted a policy, it would be what to do with items gained from those bugs. But they've never treated it as a big issue. Maybe they should, maybe they shouldn't; I don't know. The favoritism accusation is kind of wrong, though, because technically the livestream was open to everyone and even if they weren't watching, you can learn it from a friend who was.

9. Forum Name

Forum Name Avatar

I am sure everyone who was hammering that chest would just share that info openly - *checks forums*- oh yeah, nope.

10. redfish

redfish Avatar

I don't know; I think a lot of players who go on the QA server don't grind it out, because they don't want to waste the effort on QA. So that's why it doesn't get flagged. Or others don't know how to identify an OP area.

11. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

[​IMG]

Xandra7 and AlmostGivenUp like this.
  12. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

It was in the in-game chat:

Code:
    [6/6/2019 6:30:18 PM] Bee Striker (To Universe): what is going on in tartarus?  Are they about to release the bad angles?
    [6/6/2019 6:30:23 PM] Bee Striker (To Universe): *angels?
    [6/6/2019 6:30:30 PM] Alleine Dragonfyre (To Traders): pretty sure thre are some free ones in the box in Immortal City. Just follow the rules
    [6/6/2019 6:30:41 PM] Wilton Hemlock (To Traders): wts subscriber reward bundle r66
    [6/6/2019 6:30:47 PM] Glepo One (To Universe): ppl are exploiting in Atos dungeon
    [6/6/2019 6:30:53 PM] Bee Striker (To Universe): ah

Brass Knuckles and GivenUp like this.
  13. redfish

redfish Avatar

Nope, but its the same as if there's OP content in an area that's publicly announced. They're not going to share in that case either.

I wasn't watching the stream, but I have a lot of friends on my friends list that are on Tartarus, so I had the opportunity to ask them what they're doing there. None of them said "I'm exploiting the OP area" but some explained what Tartarus was and said I can teleport to them. So your friends can tell you about Tartarus, too ;)

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  14. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I’d also like to point out these streams have fixed a lot of major bugs and I’m 100% sure some of them would never have been fixed so a catch 22.

15. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Its not a disadvantage. its a choice you are making to not watching them knowing that is where the information is. just like some don't ever come to the forums to read because they hate reading.

Should do what I do, listen to the twitch on your way home well driving or when you are doing other things, you dont have to watch it live. most of the things though are not planned so some can be very slow..... or hard to listen too hehe. But those few QA's are usually worth alot. I ask alot of questions because it helps improve my game. Like does heal modifier affect death heals... etc.. or how does this affect that. Every so often there is also bonus stuff, as well there is the raffles which the prices are pretty awesome if you are lucky. I also like to watch the dungeon build stream because it gives me some ideas.

I can understand though if you don't watch you are missing out. So going forward I am sure we will see you around maybe in the twitch :)

Boris Mondragon and Scanphor like this.
  16. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Also be careful for what you wish for while being mad and feeling left out. If Chris' livestream gets content and improvements to the game that wouldn't happen otherwise then I feel we have to just go with it. Those who are able to watch the streams or even want to will spread the word. I don't want him stifled because players feel left out. In most games we are all left out until something happens. So I agree just chill and be happy we are moving forward. We are so used to having info available all these years but it had to stop someday. Besides this is from the horses mouth not just a written page so we hear more this way well those who watch do.

All his livestreams are available to watch after as well. I listen to them while playing sometimes if I miss one because that man does not sleep. He was up at 1:00 am my time probably 3:00 am his time working away.

So IMO The devs don't want to be so tied to us forever. They want a life free of our criticisms, whining, and speculations of doom imo. Sure we are the funding for the game and much more but sometimes we are the devil. ok just some thoughts.

17. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

;)
    [​IMG]

Nawww, Girlsname, arcdevil and 3 others like this.
  18. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

That reminds me of a comment in the stream. Chris said he has about figured out how to make mounts work easier in the game. So who knows they may come in sooner rather than later ;)

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  19. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

dont forgot "with his shirt pulled over his head"

Nawww, arcdevil and AlmostGivenUp like this.
  20. Forum Name

Forum Name Avatar

Here's a wild a crazy thought - don't release new content to a select few, and certainly don't release it on a live server in a buggy, exploitable state. This thought that everyone can either spend a bunch of their (U.S.) workday watching this or want to spend hours a day watching to figure out something like this is amazing.

Chris wants to engage with players on a regular basis? Great! Chris wants to learn about bugs and show that he can address them on the fly? Awesome!

Chris wants to offer up key information and/or new content only on stream? Yikes. Surely some understand why that feels like a kick in the teeth to those of us who cannot or do not want to spend 10-20 hours a week watching him to learn what in the heck is happening in this game?

"please don't ask for improvement in communication, because you might upset Chris and he will stop. Please, please don't say anything to upset him." Lovely. We aren't asking for Chris to stop streaming, I think anyone who has made a constructive criticism acknowledges how cool it is what he does. What is being asking to spend a bare minimum of time thinking of other ways to communicate with those of us who cannot or do not want to watch 10-20 hours of him. And now add on to that have him think about how content is released so people don't feel left out. That's it.

Nawww, Xandra7, Gregg247 and 10 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.