Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

In my opinion, the new Magic School Warding Skills should gain levels when...

Discussion in 'Release 66 Feedback' started by twofoldsilence, Jun 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twofoldsilence

twofoldsilence Avatar

In my opinion, the new Magic School Warding Skills should gain levels when you are hit with a corresponding magic attack not when you use an active skills in a Magic School as I thought the whole purpose of them was so non-magic users could gain resistances against magic, yet, they all force you to learn and gain magic levels of, at least, one active Magic School skill to level them. E.g. currently, if I want to level the Water Magic Warding Skill that is in the Fire Magic Tree I need to learn it and one other active Fire Magic Skill and use the active Fire Magic Skill to level the Water Warding Skill, but having / using the one active Fire Magic Skill now makes me a Fire Mage and levels the active skill along with the warding skill, but, in my opinion, once you get the Water Warding Skill in the Fire Magic School it should level when I am hit by a Water Magic Spell which other players may use against me, water elementals use against me, and one of the barbarian clans use against me not when using an Active Fire Magic Spell, as I'm trying to build a non-magic user character that is Water Magic resistant not a fire mage that is water resident. This same logic should be applied to all the other Warding Skills including the Tactics one, and they should only level when damaged by the magic school they ward against not when using active Magic School Spells / Tactics Skills.

Chatele, Aldo and that_shawn_guy like this.
  2. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

yes please +10

Chatele likes this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You should make a bug report.

4. twofoldsilence

twofoldsilence Avatar

I already bug reported it, and other then one other player that said Atos designed it that way, no developers responded to it.

Barugon likes this.
  5. Hermetic

Hermetic Avatar

Non-magic users can gain resistance against magic with Magic Warding in the Tactics tree.
    It makes sense to me that if one wants more specific warding then they need to learn some magic to help them.
    E.g. If one doesn't want to put in some work to learn some Water Magic why should be able to use Fire Warding?

6. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

You realize you can but the skill and set it to Not Trainig. Then you can use the skill without using any xp in your pool and you won’t gain any levels in the magic tree.

I agree that you should raise it by using if in the world, but if you are doing pve only there wouldn’t be a way to raise anything but fire, death, and maybe air. Then again that’s probably all you’d need anyway since there aren’t any other magic users in pve that I’m aware of.

By the way, it can’t be a bug if it is working as designed and implemented. The best you can do is add it to feedback.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.