Lunar rift need some warning or instructions for new player

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chiasma, Jun 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chiasma

Chiasma Bug Hunter

I just meet a new player in the game asking me how to go back to Solace Bridge from Eceter when he played for the second day. New players may not know lunar rift is a one way teleport. They may accidentally stepped in and teleported to the other side of the map without knowing how to get back to their first quest scene.

It would be nice if Lunar rift may have some warning messages, any instructions on how to use, or letting people to teleport back to the original place.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  2. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

I like the lore behind it and the way it works now. But, I do agree it is not new player friendly. It is introduced early in the world with no instructions, confusing on second use, and seldom used once teleport scrolls are figured out by the player.

3. Chiasma

Chiasma Bug Hunter

I remember I have to encourage myself to step in the Lunar Rift the first time. It may be a one time teleport because I have no knowledge to its lore and I don't know how traveling work in Novia when I am new.

I got a grand tour quest at that time. So I google the lore behind, waiting for hours to complete most of the town visit. The lore is great and fun but take times to play with it.

4. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I would like to see it remain as it is. That it brings an element of the unknown is a good thing. Using it provides a memorable experience of momentary wonder for newer players using it, just as was possible in past Ultima games. Not every experience should be 'hand held' or 'on the rails'. And as has been said, adjusting for a misstep is as simple as getting back in the rift, asking, or googling.

Jaesun and Nawww like this.
  5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

It literally tells you when it goes. And as someone mentioned, The Grand Tour (for the free cloak) is there specifically to show you the Lunar Rift and where it goes to.

Cordelayne likes this.
  6. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

1st- they are NOT "one way", although you may need to wait for it to return to your original local (watch the energy beam as it changes with the cycle of the moon), do a mouseover of the pillars to see where they go to next... It will change approx every 15 minutes...

Until then, exit to the overworld and press "M" to get the map of the World, click/drag on the map to see other locals/roads to them, it's really a short walk to everywhere, if you don't want a roving encounter, run around them...

The Player handbook has a lot of info, but sadly, I didn't see anything on the Rifts... @Chris @DarkStarr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.