Suggestion for Identity

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Belladonna Rose, Jun 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Wouldnt it be nice if you could have a profile tab on your paperdoll where you can put a description or whatever about your Avatar so folks know who you are.
    Ex: I would put that i am Guildmistress for Keepers of the Watch and Steward of Knight's Watch.
    And that i like to help all players big and small ....yada yada
    I think that might help new players when they come up on veteran players. And they might know who they can ask questions for.
    I know having the Hospitalitar tags on would be ok.....but new players dont know what that means.
    Just an idea

2. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

Great idea that I know many RPers woyud love as well, even if for different purposes. In UO there was that little scroll on the paperdoll where people would put such relevant information like a large scar across the character's left eye or a lisp. I miss that.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  3. redfish

redfish Avatar

Honestly, I don't think most new players are going know to open up people's paperdolls, either, if that's the main intent of the suggestion. Using the right-click interface to view the paperdoll isn't the most obvious thing for new players.

But yes... Speaking of titles like Guildmistress/Guildmaster and Steward and all, I hope those are titles they manage to put in the game when they get an "earned title" system working, where we could also get titles for things like skill mastery. They would be situational, so if you're appointed a Steward, you get a title for as long as you have the appointment; same thing with officer positions in a guild.

Of course, you're right that it would be nice to be able have an interface where players could see more than one title at once ! Some titles are for vanity, but some can convey useful information to other players.

It would also be cool to be able to craft medals and medallions as rewards for contests and also for role-play that could have engraved text on them, and players could wear these, have it show pinned on their chest gear maybe, and maybe also have it create a situational title for the player. Like if I give a player a medal 'Champion of Knight's Watch', they could then wear it on their body and create a kind of situational title for him.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    Belladonna Rose likes this.
  4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

It would be handy for me since I can't even remember that I've met people in RL, so it's very hard for me here. I try to remember to make notes but would rather see what they had to say.

5. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

This is true. There are alot of things that new players dont know how to do in the game. Not gonna get into all that right now. LOL. Still a bit miffed about losing emersion of Isle of Storms. But yes there needs to be more adequate information/links and such for new players to be able to know how to do stuff. I dont mind helping out as I didnt have that many around to help me when i started ....but...with no set things for them to learn on the fly or easy access to they tend to get upset cause they didnt know it was there.
    I think new players should be given a Player's Handbook( and updated one) once they create their avatar. If they read it fine...if not they can ditch it...but at least its there. Use the tools that we have instead of skipping past everything cause someone else didnt like going through the hoops.

FrostII likes this.
  6. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Not quite the same thing, but having an information tab on vendors that you could fill in would be pretty nice too. That'd be a lot more convenient than using pieces of paper or containers or whatever.

7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

You can place a note about your vendor near your vendor. Many people do that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.