Do crafted pages appear in loot drops?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Parson Barr, Jun 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Parson Barr

Parson Barr Avatar

The other day I swear I got a piece of paper crafted by someone as a loot drop. Is that true? If I wrote a poem and sold it to a vendor would it appear in the loot table?

2. oplek

oplek Avatar

I don't know, but that'd be interesting if people wanted to create little spontaneous quests (and we had the supporting mechanisms)

3. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

that would be very cool. please, lets have it, but would it be open to abuse?

4. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

I’m pretty sure anything written, in it then sold only retains the name of the item, but not the actual text inside.

(I’m specifically talking about fliers; as the ones I have opened contained no text)

5. Chiasma

Chiasma Bug Hunter

I remember I received a nice drawing in a paper from crafted loot. It looks like a devil drawn by text symbol.

Girlsname likes this.
  6. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

Please tell me you saved that.... lol sounds awesome!

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  7. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I got one with an ad for bows, so someone is definitely selling their notes to vendors, and it shows on loot tables.

8. redfish

redfish Avatar

Yea, I received an ad for bows, too :D

Seriously though, it would be an interesting way to build player quests. Besides putting journals and such on loot tables, we could also theoretically put items to retrieve or collect.

You know what would be a little cool, too? If items sold were more likely to appear on regional loot tables, instead of global loot tables.

9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I am sure they do. I got 2 blank flyers in loot the other day crafted by someone. I didn't really care since I use blank flyers all the time to post up notes in Wizards Rest but it was very strange. So something must have happened to make items sold to npc vendors show up in loot. Perhaps the player selling the blank flyers did not even know what they are used for. The title of them is misleading anyway. They say blank bulletin board flyers but yet you can hang them on many surfaces besides the bulletin board. Like on walls, pedestals, and much more. They do need to be renamed IMO. I will bug report it. Maybe they could be called 'blank hang-able flyers'. ;)

10. Parson Barr

Parson Barr Avatar

This is why I asked. I want to distribute some this way as a "golden ticket" kind of thing and award prizes.

11. Ryodin Stormwind

Ryodin Stormwind Avatar

I get one of those bow flyers about once a week. I usually just sell them right back to the vendor, which puts them right back into the system...

12. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Ahh I got one the other night

Alleine Dragonfyre and FrostII like this.
  13. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I received a page advertising bows a couple times. I believe it was kid bows mentioned.

Cordelayne likes this.
  14. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

This only allows the ad to be reintegrated in the loot table! Should destroy them instead IMO... :D But hey, free advertising for buddy if you want that 1 gp!

15. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I have a whole desk full of those blank bulletin board flyers that were crafted by someone. I actually use those from time to time to post information or descriptions of things.

I was unaware items with writing on them were in the loot tables. Interesting.

I guess this will now open the door to junk mail now dropping from creatures..... ;)

16. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I know I dump a lot of those blank bulletin board flyers into the loot tables when I work on tailoring. Glad to know they are finding a use! ;)

Jaesun and majoria70 like this.
  17. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Will it still be fun to kill dragons if their loot is the SotA equivalent of having given your email address to Harbor Freight? I guess we'll find out.

[EDIT: To be clear, I actually like this, and have a few ideas how I can make use of it for non-advertising purposes.]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    Jaesun, K1000 and Alley Oop like this.
  18. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I think it should only put them into the loot table if YOU crafted it, or at least have a flag that says it has already been in the loot pool. If you resell it, it should be discarded to keep it from clogging up the system. Note that they probably get many more items sold than get dropped, so eventually the pool will overflow and items should get discarded from it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.