Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Unable to log in to online game

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by giric, Jun 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

I've reviewed your most recent logs against successful connections back on June 5th (I believe that would be June 6th for your time zone.) The more recent log shows less packet loss, which also allowed me to get a better picture of what might be happening.

With respect to the QoS program: A significant number of players have this software pre-installed on their computers. In our internal testing, we found that network performance for Shroud improved by disabling or removing this service. So I urge all players who have this software to google it, see if that software is really helping them.

Now back to giric's issue. During the first load screen, the client pre-loads (from local disk) the assets for the bank. On June 5th, we see a successful preload of the bank contents. More recently, that line is missing from the logs. I'm concluding that there is a problem loading data from the hard-drive. That would explain why one account is blocked, but another account loads fine. (The contents of the bank are different.)

Most of the time, a corrupted install or a virus program is to blame for load failures. Sounds like those avenues have already been explored. I'm going to look into adding some logging to try to narrow down what data is failing. Also, I'll discuss this issue with customer support and see if we can come up with a work-around to get you back in the game.

Jaesun and Alley Oop like this.
  2. giric

giric Avatar

Thankyou @Lord Subtleton

In the mean time, I shall uninstall and actually run a full defrag of my HD before I re-install again - just in case (after all, it can't hurt to try).

rxghxv and Jaesun like this.
  3. giric

giric Avatar

Managed to install SotA on a totally seperate computer - no luck there either...

Last 2 attempts (resume option and start in overworld) both resulted in just sitting on the loading screen with no text at all in the bottom left corner.

My pc is still defragging...

4. giric

giric Avatar

Alright.

I just COMPLETELY formatted my pc and re-installed windows...

Installed chrome, dowloaded a fresh SotA installation and re-installed.

tried to login and coonect to my main character STILL nothing!!!!

So to recap:
    Internet died on me, when it came back I was unable to connect/load my online char.
    tried everything I could think of, plus followed ALL suggestions made in this thread.
    Tried a 2nd account and logged on fine. Tried more suggestions above.
    Installed SotA on a 2nd computer - could not connect.
    Formatted my PC, reinstalled chrome, reinstalled Sota from a fresh download - still can't connect (same error messages as above)...

during ALL of this, every other online game/service was working 100%. The ONLY issue is with SotA!

I sincerely appreciate all of the assistance and suggestions made so far, but this has me so frustrated that I just don't know what to do!!! I'm honestly <this> close to just packing it all in and requesting a refund for what I've spent on this...

5. BurningToad

BurningToad Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Hello! To help troubleshoot we have moved all the items from your bank to your second character on the account (who is now in Soltown.) 1) Make sure you don't delete that character, as I know it was just a new one for testing, and 2) Try and log in on your main character again to see if this helps resolve the issue or not.

Sorry for the continued troubles!

Jaesun likes this.
  6. giric

giric Avatar

Unable to log into either character :(
    same error as always 'network component [scene]' followed by [pelican]

However, I also tested my 2nd account that logged on quite happily and I ran through solace bridge. Played all the way to the boat and used it to head to SB outskirts..
    Was dumped onto overworld map instead of the river entrance to sbo.

When I tried to enter sbo from the map, I was then hit with http://prntscr.com/o4q0lr
    remember, this was on a 2nd account tho but same PC and internet connection so thought it may be relevant...

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.