1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

June Login Rewards: Potion of Guidance & 250K XP

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jun 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

+300% should be 4x normal. 100% + 300% = 400% (4x). Unless its labelled wrong, as it says +300%.

2. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

It's 300% faster than without it. I did that too initially. ;)

3. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

When QA comes back up, I'll test it again like I did last time. Trying to dig out old threads from the forums is a nightmare. But it's fairly trivial to find a practice dummy and then test:

XP from pool w/ no GM, no potion: # xp
    XP from pool w/ GM, no potion: # xp
    XP from pool w/ GM + potion: # xp

I've never managed to unlock the LV buff, so. ;)

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yes it is. :D

Mishikal likes this.
  5. Summer Breeze

Summer Breeze Avatar

It's just the way I want to play. And I go through the xp I gain anyway. So, why rush the ride?

Cyin likes this.
  6. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I was thinking about it while I was running some errands this afternoon, I think what I ended up with when I tested in QA is like what you said, and it gets more interesting from there. From what I recollect:

If default is: 100 XP (100%)
    GM: 200XP (200%)
    Potion: 400 XP (400%)
    GM+Potion: 800XP (800%)

So yes you're correct on the 400%. ;) Wish I could find that old thread. :/

Browncoat Jayson likes this.
  7. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

8. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

@Mishikal
    Thanks. I wonder if it's still the same because I seem to remember recently seeing that the GM bonus was +10%. Perhaps I was just misreading the tooltip? Maybe the tooltip is mislabeled?

Mishikal likes this.
  10. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

You said something like that in that same thread as well (about the 10%)... It was what inspired me to get the actual numbers. :) I'd need to find someone who has a GM in something I don't to see what the tooltip says. :p

Barugon likes this.
  11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I was thinking that next time I see the tooltip, if it says +10%, I'll bug report it.

Mishikal likes this.
  12. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Quite a set of informative replies and just like @Jaesun said, thanks for the free 250k xp and the potion of guidance I will save for future reference and use.

@DarkStarr ; Brother if you want to really stir up activity and bring more people back then I have 3 way to implement gifts you can give us for logging in during July.

1) Give us all the recipe for common to uncommon artifacts.

2) Give us the “Groups of Parties” so we can stage big battles with minimal friendly fire.

3) Give us Portalarium created NPC attacks on the major cities (One a week with good drops so we can get together and fight for a purpose) Remember the “Battle of Aerie”?

That will stir up interest for many to return and others to join.

Don’t get me wrong as I appreciate what you gave us but let’s be bold in our intent.

R/Boris/El Pirata/Black Sails Forever/Waiting on Groups of Parties @Chris promised to start more large scale battles and mayhem.

13. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

You can already learn all these recipes for free. You just need the items to make them. For example:

http://sotawiki.net/sota/Ring_of_the_Ringmaster,_Rare

This is a Re-Teachable Recipe. Which means you can discover it by making it.

I have not verified all of these recipes yet, but I can assume the uncommon to rare recipes are discoverable. I will verify and add them to the wiki when QA server is available.

Daily reminder: NEVER purchase re-teachable recipes at outrageous prices. You can learn them for free by making them.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  14. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Thank you brother for the info got a lot of things to upgrade. So that makes it easier for @DarkStarr as he only has two to ponder and @Chris owns one of those two ;)

Jaesun likes this.
  15. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Those are two great improvements as well.

Groups of groups isn't just wanted for PvP our guild gripes about its absence regularly when we are trying to do our guild hunt.

Boris Mondragon and Mishikal like this.
  16. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Are you talking about a raid system when you say groups of groups. It is the strangest thing every time I mention it in a question of when are we getting it they say yes we need it or it's not the scheduled time yet. A raid system is a pretty necessary basic important part of a game. I just wonder what's up with this. @DarkStarr.

The big dragon invasion we had through travian is still being talked about today. It could have been so much better if an on-screen announcement happened that you could click on teleported you into a raid group so you could be rezzed and healed in a community effort to take down the enemy imo. It could say 'join'or 'decline'?

Vladamir Begemot, Xandra7 and Dhanas like this.
  17. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

I didn't receive the june login reward in my reward window, and i logged already different times, is there something particular i have to do?

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  18. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I think it went into my inventory rather than the rewards tab. I would suggest filtering for it in both (IIRC the word "june" works as a filter).

Boris Mondragon and Dhanas like this.
  19. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

@Jaesun ; Brother, I don't think they are in game for the other artefacts yet as I tried with 4 swords of speed and did not get an option to upgrade it from common to uncommon. R/Boris

20. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

@majoria70 : The idea of making groups of groups came up during one of our RP wars in Dragomir which @Chris streamed. We have two sides with several parties in each side. As of now we can only have 8 in a party so you cannot tell who the other parties are on your side from your enemy. With the proposed 4 groups in one (24) on each side it makes it work with less friendly fire. It can also be uses in PVE I assume for guild or group raids on higher content. It was supposed to come out last release but got postponed. Still hoping it comes out on the next one so we can continue to have our monthly battles between Novians (good guys vs Obsidians (bad guys) We have had 3 great battles so far this year (Battle of New Heaven), (Battle of Dragomir) and (Battle of Luna City). Hopefully soon we will have more in other POT's that want to host one. R/Boris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.