Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Just now a new player had to be told to go back and get their deed

Discussion in 'Release 66 Feedback' started by Vladamir Begemot, Jun 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I recall there being something about make sure players are aware, or get it on contact. He hadn't gotten his banner either, and was about to head off to Ardoris.

@TamingDeShrew suggested having her tell them something like "If you can help us out here I can help get you some land," so they know up front.

Chatele likes this.
  2. lyosha

lyosha Avatar

You forgot to fill out the bug report template, Vladamir. If that's even your real name...

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

:)

Because I'm not sure it's a bug.

4. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

For the quests, if you do it in game by right clicking the quest then it’s more feedback than bug for Sannio. If he didn’t get the banner, thenplayer likely has a quest he didn’t turn in before leaving, didn’t finish all of the quest line, or didn’t click on all the keywords. I’ve not seen the banner conversation not be shown.

For the deed, I have noticed that sometimes the npc doesn’t give you the line which has the deed keyword in it. If you don’t get the line, you don’t know about the deed.

Vladamir Begemot, Jaesun and Chatele like this.
  5. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Ive done the starting quests and many times knowing there is something more that should be happening Ive had to remember from before what keyword has triggered the next step, it has to be hard when you're new when Ive had to chase down the painting quest, or, chase down the medicine bit, or any of it.. its so easy for it not to trigger.. I think last time I went through I had to ask for my banner and deed without the prompts

Vladamir Begemot and Jaesun like this.
  6. exavis1026

exavis1026 Avatar

i play offline due to my computer not being able to handle all the housing and decor ..Atm i had just reinstalled the game to play again and i did the quest all the quest on solace bridge outskirts i got the banner and not the deed just letting you know. Im going to continue and do highvale and see if that will give me the deed if not i guess starting over will be my only option. Just thought i would let you know

7. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

go back to kinsey and say "deed" and she'll hand it over.

Jaesun likes this.
  8. exavis1026

exavis1026 Avatar

i did ill post the response here she gave me

9. exavis1026

exavis1026 Avatar

ok so this is her respnse after i say deed. As you explore the many cities of this world you might find a unclaim lot and wish to call it "home",To claim it youll need a specific lot deed or and possibly a house deed as well.Once you have a home you can decorate it with many of the things you find .

This is after all the quest i have talk to every soilder all the names of the soilders are shown . Quest done were in order find the painting for the lord,fetch heirloom,help sedgewich,scout quest for the stone bridge,medicene for the man,and the other 2 scout quest, also the ebon ritual master.
    I dont believe there are anymore quest here i have talk to everyone got all thier names.This was the second time i have done this i thought oh it was bugged let me just remake really fast so it was started over.I took my time read it all to make sure i was not missing anything. if anyone got a idea how how to trigger it or what i miss if i miss anyone let me know ill check the map again its not that big of a area to cover.
    also did the farmers quest the collar and the alpha wolf

liz_the_wiz likes this.
  10. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

@exavis1026 that does sound like most of them. did you do the ghosts? did you get a banner?

11. exavis1026

exavis1026 Avatar

yes i got the banner of love and the helmet as well

12. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

If you have the banner then you should have the deed. Double check by searching your inventory for "deed". If you don't have one, file a bug report and email support@portalarium.com.

Jaesun likes this.
  13. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

14. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

15. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

My daughter just finished SBO and she got the banner....but was not given the deed. Apparently when the bug was out giving out two deeds and they fixed it they actually broke it. Not sure if anyone is getting deeds at SBO. I have a guildmate that isnt able to get his either

16. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Since you've seen it can you please submit if there isn't a bug report in? In case they don't look here.

17. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

It’s already reported. They *should* be able to get the deed from the other 2 Outskirts areas (after getting the banner for the area)?

18. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for letting me know! I believe her not getting the deed at all is a different bug than the original post (which I think was likely possibly a player who was in a certain quest state before the update which required having to go back and get the deed separately). Although there wasn't a separate bug report, I jumped ahead and made your daughter's issue #65052. I found the problem and put in a fix, which should go live sometime tomorrow. When the fix goes live, she (and anyone in the same situation as her) will be able to go back to Kinsey and say "deed" to her get the missing lot deed.

19. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Thanks Sannio

Sannio likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.