Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by King Robert, Jun 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

I know crafted gear is supposed to be best; but is any crafted hood even close to a Cabalist hood? Especially after they are enchanted? My Dolus has damage avoid, 23 int and 3 strength. Can anything crafted be better for a mage? Thanks for any insights.

2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Guessing from the pricing on vendors then there is no crafted ones that comes close, but I could be wrong.

3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I don't think so. My one and only arti drop from a Cabalist was an Indigno hood, and I've been wearing it since. I think the only downside is that with exceptionals, you could get headgear with higher durability to start, allowing for more MW/enchants. The extra stats and such from that might just make it roughly as good as a Cabalist hood, but not better.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

There is no crafatble helm which can reach 20+int, and bonus from materials is not comparable at all with 20+int from Dolus. A crafted cloth helm, regardless of durabilty, can reach max 7 int, while a Dolus Hood can reach max 27 int.
    The only reason to use a crafted helm is not having enough money yet to buy a Dolus Hood.

Mimner, Gia2, Girlsname and 4 others like this.
  5. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

exactly. I have been trying to convey this that crafted gear needs a pass on the hoods/helms to make them better and or add another tier for GM crafters to get it up there.

Geaux, Manerd, Lesni and 6 others like this.
  6. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

IMHO, the fact that the artifact can be improved by a player crafter does touch into the realm of a player-crafted product.

In Galaxies, we had drops that would be components to go into player crafted items to make unique stat items and depending on the crafters skill it, it became something better than normally found.

I think we are in that path to have a mix of drops and things created from raw goods and it all will mix into a player crafter touching it to make it better gear.

Elrond likes this.
  7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Even so, having one OP drop that is widely agreed to be the only worthwhile hood, is no a good thing.

And why don't dragon helms give more str?

Manerd, K1000 and Girlsname like this.
  8. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

ANSWER = 420

Sorry, @King Robert ! I just had to do it!

Crendel, Girlsname and Time Lord like this.
  9. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Short answer is NO .

Max int on helms atm is 6.9-7 int ... a dolus hood can get to 25 + int .

[​IMG]

We should have that here also ... would certainly make needing/being a high skilled crafter more appealing .

I think the pass needs to be done on more items then just hoods . Crafting is really falling behind when it comes to game progression . From what i noticed we have 2 ''conflicting views '' to what items should look like . On one side is Chris who keeps pouring artifacts ingame with very high stats ...on the other side is Bzus who hasnt done a pass on crafted items since persistence ...

I understand its easier to just pour artifacts ingame with wow stats on them but everytime a new slot artifact is introduced crafting economy suffers ...its come to a point where sales for whole branches have literally been ''killed ''. Bows best in slot xen and envy , hoods best in slot from cabalist , necklace best in slot is warlock neck , rings wit 20 int ..so on

With each release Best in slot crafted item is becoming more obsolete term and once Chris finishes recipes for the old arties as well it will pretty much be the end for crafting .

I like the new arties and im glad theyre getting the proper attention but the rift between what we can craft and what we can find is getting to big and too unbalanced .

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    Mimner, Vrunk Hrrk, Jaesun and 12 others like this.
  10. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

Dev's have said many things over the years. No global banks, no global chat, regional economies, crafted stuff is best.

Now we have stuff like the new artifact belt with +attack speed and +movement speed, and you can't even craft any belts for that slot

Jaesun, Geaux, Hornpipe and 2 others like this.
  11. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I'd much rather have "flavored" ancient essences and drop MW/enchants on artifacts. and artifact combining. You break down a Dolus hood, and get an ancient essence, with a chance of it being a "Dolus Hood Essence" that gives you a lesser version of the Dolus enchant when used on any other hood. Then you get the decision between a "vanilla" Dolus hood that can't be upgraded, or a crafted item with a lesser Dolus hood effect,but with the ability to add more effects.

12. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Chris said on a stream the cabalist hoods and the shroud’s were all Richard’s design ideas.

Jaesun, Girlsname and Lesni like this.
  13. Crendel

Crendel Avatar

More components that drop or from salvage that can be made into gear or modify gear please

Time Lord likes this.
  14. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Yep. If the progression loot drops in QA are created (doesn't say they are crafted) then just disable crafting for now and revamp the whole system because it's not behind, it's finished.

In other words, QA notes make it appear the game now crafts gear for the loot table.

Geaux and Time Lord like this.
  15. Oakenhammer

Oakenhammer Avatar

As many of stated, what we need is a substantial increase in the variation of crafting materials and more tiers. We should be seeking artifacts in order to salvage them for the powerful rare materials they would provide. Additionally, I'd like to see these new materials be versatile so that we could salvage Dolas Hoods and use the resulting special cloth to craft a full suit of cloth armor.

16. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

How awesome would it be if tier two components dropped? Given how many mats go into even just a hard maple bow stave, getting one of those in loot would be awesome. Even if you got something you couldn't use, they'd still sell well on vendors, I would think.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  17. Mimner

Mimner Avatar

If the focus regen masterwork on hoods worked in combat instead of just out of combat then crafted hoods might give dolas hoods a run for their money, and in a way that's not just comparing how much int they both can get.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.