New user character creation thoughts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xee, Jun 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I watched the last Friday stream and saw the new user experience and thought it was pretty good.

My only recommendation would be to add one more option after creation.

Have a screen where you can pick your starting skill / school so that you can start with the right equipment / ability.

Like alot of games a simple page showing each of the schools and a brief description of each as well the starting skill. This will allow people then after creating to decide if they want to start with bow, blade, wand, and first skill in the scene.

I think that would really complete the new user experience.

The reason I would recommend this is as a mage i would not want to start with a bow nor would I want to be leveling up any points at the start for a bow. This also allow people to delete character right away if they dont like the starting feel of the skill and pick a different one with out having to go to far into the game.

Thoughts?
    @Chris

2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I've been AFK except for sneaking peeks at the forum on my phone, was this the Friday official livestream?

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

indeed it was. they showed that along with the new Castle ship home.

Time Lord and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  4. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

well also a redo of the character creation is long over do... I hate my Char... They need to add a lot of more ways to make the char the way you want her/him to look. After all, you will be looking at him/her for a very long time... We need more choices/options. Like more, WAY more hair styles, facial features, height, eye colors, hair colors, skin colors, scars, tattoos, lips and lip color, eye shape adjustable etc.... ... Our chars are dull and ugly.... A huge turnoff to me....

5. Mylady ‘Gin Gin Darlin

Mylady ‘Gin Gin Darlin Avatar

Would be fun to have some sort of barber shop NPC in the game. Not one owned or placed by players, just ones that exist around the world in certain places.

Players could visit the barber NPC and pay a small amount for a ‘new do’. There could be barber chairs and a wall of mirrors in case there is more then one person present. Either mirror or chair works as a character creation (alteration) menu.

Even some fun crazy extreme style wigs on display that players can buy and wear too. It would add some fun atmosphere to the game.

Of course that’s all a ‘nice to have’. Just having an alternation token of some sort to change your characters looks would be a good starting point, along with more choices/options.

Boris Mondragon and Time Lord like this.
  6. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

There are "New You" vendors in some towns in game \o/

they accept cotos as payment and let you redo your character creation.

7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

One is in Ardoris by the docks. He teaches you an emote too.

8. Mylady ‘Gin Gin Darlin

Mylady ‘Gin Gin Darlin Avatar

Yes but not as a barber shop type thing I don’t think? Maybe upgrade what’s already existing to be more immersive perhaps?

Hopefully they expand on the payment options to gold as well. COTOs may seem quite restrictive to new players.

And new characters could maybe be given one token non tradable, so they get one free shot to redo their character in case a mistake was made when they exited character creation the first time. Then after that it costs to re-do.

9. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Yes, but it's the same ole ugly chars , with same ole choices ….. they need to update this....

10. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

I agree. There needs to be something different. Everyone looks the same even if you tweak what we have. I would like more hairstyles and for all that is holy fix the color variations for hair color. Red is not red when on hair.....its more pink . That is why my avatar went with black hair...but its not true black hair..its more black with hints of gray...gray highlights. So yeah not very appealing. They need to add scar variations, for the guys different stages of stubble on the face and such. So much can be added in

Chatele likes this.
  11. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I actually designed my entire outfit for my main character all around the Helm of Courage, just to hide my face due to the lack of better customization...

Chatele likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.