New Player and accidentally salvaged Helm of Courage

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Malloc, Jun 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malloc

Malloc Avatar

Hey all, I am new and accidentally salvaged my helm of courage when I was salvaging stuff. I got a pattern off of it and don't know if there is any way I can get the helm of courage back. I searched the forums and found someone mentioning that as of release 49 they were supposed to make the virtue armor not salvagable. Did they change that?

Is there a way I can get it back?

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=80719
    • Virtue Armor Non-Salvageable: We have set the Virtue Armor (Plate of Courage, Cloth of Truth, etc.) to be non-salvageable.

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo Avatar

Hi Mallon,
    I think you have salvaged it and received the pattern of that helm. So you can’t get it back but you have the pattern.
    So you could get another helm (with stats) of the same material (eg metal) place the pattern, some wax and the new helm and reshape it on the blacksmith table to look the same.

Hope that helps.

3. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Or you can find someone selling the helm you salvaged.

4. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

I guess until R49 salvaging meant you got just some scraps and that’s why they disabled it but as some avatars like the look of unique items but not the low stats of them. That's why the devs are adding gradually the possibility to salvage unique items to get a pattern. Just as @Scooby Doo described these patterns can be used to give “boring” looking items with high stats a more interesting look by combining both items.
    But there is one big disadvantage you should know about. Most unique items are non-steal-able and/or indestructible but the by patterns reshaped items do not get these stats. So to say it is a compromise either the cool always up to 100 repairable item with low stats or the cool reshaped item with high stats with wear and tear...but as far as I remember you can always salvage the item again to get the pattern back and combine it with a new item.

If you really want the item and not the pattern you could either look at vendors like @Mac2 described or you could reset your quests. This is a one-time possibility you can do in the character selection screen. All your quests progress is reset/removed and so to say you can start anew while keeping your current lvl and with just the quest to meet Arabella in your journal. In this reset progress your helm of courage pattern and all other quest items will be removed and you should be able to get the items again by doing the quest but as I did no quest reset so far and just read about it it might be good if someone could prior verify that this is an option. ;)

5. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Actually, you get to keep the helm and stuff that is not flagged yellow as quest item. Many of the items you get from quests are not flagged yellow, you get to keep all those.

Sara Dreygon and Jaesun like this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You can get the Norgard Knightly Order Plate armor which has the same properties but appears more worn (I actually prefer the way it looks). The best part is that if a piece is destroyed, you can easily replace it by going back to the mine and collecting the pieces again.

Here's a screenshot of the armor:

[​IMG]

7. Vodalian

Vodalian Avatar

Buy a crafted plate helm or craft one yourself. Then apply the pattern to the helm on a blacksmith crafting station. Now you have one that looks like the Helm of Courage but with (hopefully) better stats.

I scrap all store/reward plate armor so that I can use the patterns on my good stuff.

Alleine Dragonfyre and Jaesun like this.
  8. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Or start another account and get it again. You can sell off the extra stuff. Frost Geist skulls are a moneymaker

Fenrus MacRath and Jaesun like this.
  9. Fenrus MacRath

Fenrus MacRath Avatar

For sure, It is better to apply the pattern to a piece of armor someone makes for you. They can masterwork/enchant the armor to provide you skill/stat bonuses. The original piece is essentially worthless as gear. Don't worry about someone stealing it. As long as you don't flag PVP, no one can take it. PVP in this game is really sort of pointless and boring, so you aren't missing much. The cool thing is, that if you outgrow the stat bonus and want a better helmet, you can scrap the old one again and get the pattern back. Just make sure you don't vendor an item that has an eternal pattern on it.

10. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Thing is, that helm has 15 str on it. If you dont have an indigno or nefario hood, or just dont want to lose avoidance from nefario hood, your not going to get 15 str on a crafted helm. Then add in it cant be looted in pvp and you do not need cotos or essence to repair it, its good to have the base helm.

Antrax Artek likes this.
  11. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

If you have an account, which supports additional character slots, you could also create another character and redo the quest.
    Or you could create another account just for this purpose eventually.

*Salute*
    Olahorand
    The Rebel Duke

12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

+15 strength is worthless?

Fenrus MacRath and Mishikal like this.
  13. Fenrus MacRath

Fenrus MacRath Avatar

Well, I suppose not. I had no idea that the starter quest gear had stats. My deepest apologies to all offended parties. I was basing my comment on the other pattern gear.

14. Malloc

Malloc Avatar

Thank you all. I made many assumptions that were incorrect and I learned a lot from all of your responses.

Beaumaris and Jaesun like this.
  15. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings @Malloc,
    What is your in game name and I will help you get another one. Also for things you dont want to accidently sell or salvage you can right click on the item and lock it to your inventory so it can not be sold, traded, or salvaged.

Duke Olahorand and Fiero Steele like this.
  16. Malloc

Malloc Avatar

Thanks but I already got another one. I am impressed at how helpful people are in this game. I will be more careful and make sure stuff I don't want to salvage that I am not currently wearing is tucked away in the bank before I salvage from now on.

17. Serene

Serene Avatar

@Malloc Did you get this sorted out and now have a Courage Helmet?

18. BenStevenson

BenStevenson Avatar

You may get norgard knightly order plate armor easily, just try it, it looks really nice

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.