Things I would like to see for R67 if possible.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mac2, Jun 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryodin Stormwind

Ryodin Stormwind Avatar

Repair from a context menu instead of having to drag & drop the kit on the item - which can be really hard to do with tools when you have a lot of items in inventory...

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

for tools you can drag them onto the box on the skill sheet

3. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

:eek::eek::eek: What!?

3 fucking years... 3 fucking years and I never knew that... wow!

4. Ryodin Stormwind

Ryodin Stormwind Avatar

I swear I've tried that before...but sure enough that works :D thanks. I'd still like a context menu.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I had no idea.... mind... blown.

Re: Attenuation. Bring back skill decay! :p

Hehe (ducks).

6. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

Hahahahahaha, oh the memories...

I’ll chime in— and it affects the NUE that’s probably been severely overlooked.

——> Allow the dead to speak.... <——

It was a cutesy homage, but realistically, as a new player who might find themselves dead; probably a few times, due to something as silly as fall damage....
    •> (That’s another next level NUE thing that should really be addressed) ..:..:..

All of this is categorized as, frustrating, annoying, and really unnecessary.

(I’m not going to ask for the unrealistic aka [crafting specs^^])

7. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

An interesting idea but might be either thought too far or not far enough.
    I guess there are a lot of people who do not play every day out of their point of view it might be more reasonable to let the attenuation work on a weekly or even monthly basic. E.g. you can hardcore grind 100M exp a month and for the rest of the month attenuation is active. Most casuals might never reach that border while other might reach that on the first day.

The basic problem this creates is the same with the 1day or even the current 1 hour solution…avatars stop playing as they think killing enemies without a reasonable exp profit is not worth it.
    I guess if exp grinding is the only reason for someone to play the game and the pauses during “grindtime” is getting too long they might simply leave the game if they cannot find another worthwhile activity. Of course there are many possibilities to pass away the time apart of slaughtering monsters but it is at least possible that some of these avatars do not want to do anything else than killing enemies to get stronger.
    In that context we might have to find a solution for that problem before changing/adjusting the system.

One possibility could be to gain “grindtime” in PvP. E.g. killing someone in PvP and you take a small amount of his “grindtime” as reward as long as the killed avatars wasn’t too weak and still has some “grindtime” left. E.g. if you are lvl 120 your enemy has to be at least lvl 100 to get some of his “grindtime” (killed avatar level > your level -20)

Another possibility could be that quests offer “grindtime” as reward. Like bring me 200 kobold essences and you will get X gold, Y exp and you can farm additional 200,000 exp without attenuation.

Or partying with avatars whose “grindtime” is not exhausted is reducing your attenuation. E.g. -5% attenuation for each close by party member who is not in attenuation-mode.

Or maybe even while dancing in a town the cheer-emote of avatars is granting 1 minute “grindtime”. (just one cheer per avatar is counted ;))

8. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

That was actually addressed, quite a while ago.

9. Mimner

Mimner Avatar

Under the current system you will never gain more exp from taking breaks than you will from leveling continuously. However, if you time your breaks strategically enough, as you are doing, then you will gain 'practically' the same exp as if you had never stopped, to within 0.1% or even 0.01%. If you level continuously then you'll still gain your 1.3 million for hour 2, but it will take you slightly longer than it did for hour 1. If you level for 36 hours straight eventually it will take you the entire hour to earn your 1.3 million. That's just a hard cap hidden under some fancy math.

From a post on my other thread about attenuation:

With all due respect, this just exasperates the problem of forced breaks by, let's say, twenty-four times the current issue. If this went in effect I would go from earning a bunch of exp in 15 minutes and having nothing to do with the rest of my hour to earning a bunch of exp in an hour or two and having nothing to do for the rest of my day. A hard cap is a hard cap and will always have this same issue. Cap the experience once a week if you want, and then I play SotA only on Monday and do something else for the rest of my week.

The problem is we have a system that rewards hard work from players by forcing them to play less and less the better they get. Am I the only person who recognizes how absolutely insane it is, from a business perspective, to encourage the most avid players of your game to play less? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

My suggested change would keep attenuation and also remove forced breaks. If, as Chris says, attenuation must remain in place until they sort out the design for their dungeons, why not remove the forced breaks?

Read more about my proposal: https://sotacalc.com/pages/sota_experience_attenuation.php

Fister Magee likes this.
  10. Ataniiq

Ataniiq Avatar

So it is written, so shall it be done!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.