Tartarus?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mystarr, Jun 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

Maybe it was renamed to Starfield... ??? If my memory is not wrong, this Tartarus town was nested in Paxlair but it's not there anymore.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  2. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I swear I've heard of this POT, Tartarus. I live in and frequently am in Spite, and while I'm not in-game atm, I seem to remember a bell ringing when I heard the dungeon named Tartarus... yep pretty sure I saw a nested town in Spite once upon a time... I'll try to look later... but my memory is fuzzy :confused:

3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

searched on darkstarr to get the RN comments.
    Moved from nested OaxLair, to nested Spite according to RN, then it looks like a name change since it is no longer there.

4. Eina Stein

Eina Stein Avatar

Tantalus for a town, Tarartus for a dungeon.

5. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

"Tarartus for the rest of us"
    should be lots of:
    aluminum poles!!
    feats of strength!!
    airing of grievances

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

There seems to be a lot of this one.

7. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I have learned one thing in Tartarus: How awful I am at combat without my normal gear. I did okay that first time, when I brought my normal stuff, but I've been using crap gear until the Ankh situation gets fixed. It takes soooo much longer to kill stuff. I wish the envy bow was still as good as it was when it first started dropping...

8. Yigg Endimion

Yigg Endimion Avatar

Try using a crossbow of accuracy, with the right stats, I was hitting about as hard as the nerfed envy how, but with 0 negs and it makes charged free attacks hit 2x harder. Not to mention they are alot easier to get/replace.

9. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Well, now that Ankhs work, I can sort of do the zombies. The slimes will still get me, but if I'm careful, I can even attenuate, which is cool. (I mean, that sucks, but it's cool that I can actually earn XP that quickly, which I can't do anywhere else outside of a group.) Though, when they get their enrage effects next release, that may end my zombie hunting days in Tartarus. It's a little frustrating when Chris decides the top 1% have it too easy somewhere, so the 90-99% have to suffer.

10. Lord Blackthorne

Lord Blackthorne Avatar

*Grabs some fish sticks to join the party*

...oh, I'm sorry, I misread the title.

Eina Stein, Cordelayne and Girlsname like this.
  11. Vero

Vero Avatar

Why the top 1%? It's the players who run a specific build that drop the zombies uber fast. Can't always keep saying it's cus of the 1% high lvl players

12. oplek

oplek Avatar

Why are people able to do this on the live server? I thought the entrance wasn't in yet. It hasn't been released, which allows people to take advantage of exploits in the meantime.

13. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Because even at AL105, and those same skills at gm, I can't come close to doing what ive seen those people do, which tells me it's people a lot more powerful than I am. My complaint isn't against those people, it's how the devs use them to set the bar unrealistically high for the rest of us. Tartarus has attenuation; why does it bother them that some people reach it in ten minutes? It takes me 30-40, and I have to play carefully and pay attention to do so. That seems like a desirable result based on what the devs want to see. We're both capped, why does it have to be made impossible for me so that it takes 20 min instead of ten for a small group?

Cyin, Jaesun, Cordelayne and 3 others like this.
  14. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Let me state that a little more clearly: Tartarus is challenging, fun, and rewarding. It is not easy for me, and I die here and there, but I can do it. More importantly, I had been bored and only playing a few hours a week, but I'm enjoying this and I've been playing more because of it. This would not be the first time that content like that was introduced, then subsequently made much harder because it's too easy for some people. Even though attenuation levels that playing field considerably for all players. If the devs keep taking fun things away, there is not much reason to play this game. My complaint is, "why can't we have some areas that are hard but fun for players at one level, even if they're easy for others?" Why does everything have to keep being put out of reach of most of the players? I've no problem with them putting in things that are beyond my skills, if they're that way from the get-go. It's something to work toward. What I object to is being given content I like, then suddenly being told, "No, sorry, that's not for you."

Cyin, Arya Stoneheart, Jaesun and 3 others like this.
  15. Griffler

Griffler Avatar

It Has been released, it's just the entrance didn't make it in properly which will be fixed this next release and has been publicized. Atos invited a few people in and some of those invited a few people in, so on and so forth now it's not hard to teleport to a friend or hit up Universal chat for an invite to get there, think of it like a dungeon that's had its entrance cave in. What exploits? There was an error in a chest dropping improperly high valued deeds that was fixed as soon as discovered, this would have happened regardless of if the initial release had its entrance in properly or not. The scene was not put in game and forgotten about by the devs, they've been continuously monitoring it and tweaking things, more of like a live QA test than anything, but not exactly the situation you're alluding to.

I'm not quite in the 1% but through proper skill/character development the current floors available are doable for me but even as such I also find what you've said highly annoying. I get the feeling the ultimate goal with this dungeon is to have the difficulty increase as it gets deeper. Given that I, and others, have mentioned to @Atos that some of the new crack elves are tuned a little high for the desired participating character level's and as such he has evaluated these even during live streams and hopefully will retune some of the more unnecessarily difficult mobs on the top floors(Crack Fiend Elf Captain and Death Metal Slime, fingers crossed!). Just remember it is still in development and nothing is set in stone. Might try adding your feedback to the subforum for release suggestions so it's seen by those who have such jobs of balance and user feedback.

Jaesun and Synergy Blaize like this.
  16. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I don't see what you are in disagreement about. I have little difficulty with the top floor, Crack Elf aside. (I just avoid him.) I have a lot of difficulty on the second floor, but it's still doable. (Except the pirate guy, I can't do that room.) I would like to keep it that way- it is a challenge, but fun and worth the effort at my level. I fully expect the third floor to be well beyond my reach for the next year or two. I am fine with that.

What I am not fine with is that Atos has said in the streams that he wants to give the zombies an enrage effect when their health gets low, such that they go from half normal speed to double normal speed. This would pretty much put the second floor off limits to me. If the third floor is destined to be uber tough, and the rewards better, why make the second harder than it is? Why does all content have to be focused on either being so hard only a few people can do it, or the NUE? There are a lot of people in between who have reached a point where hard is too hard and easy is too easy, and have nothing fun to do. And when something gets put in that's "just right" for those people, somebody says, "no, too easy for some people" and it gets bumped into the too "hard is too hard" category.

Jaesun likes this.
  17. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Also, it does sort of have an entrance. Or at least, an exit. If you leave, you end up outside the Forest Cave in West Ravenswood. But if you try to go back into the cave, it dumps you in the original "Forest Cave' scene that was there, and not Tartarus. I reported it.

18. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

I had to re-read Grifflers words to understand exactly what he intended to say....
    On my first read, I thought he was saying, that your comments about Tartarus were annoying to him.

On re-reading his whole post I realized that @Griffler was actually agreeing with your statements.

I also agree with you @Cora Cuz'avich , Just because something is easy-peasy for "Maxxed-skilled High Level Players", shouldn't mean that it should be ruined for the more "Average High Level Player."

I would guess there are more "Average High Level Players" ingame, who should be catered for on the early Levels of Tartarus,
    Then the "Maxxed-skilled High Level Players" can venture further forward into the harder levels.

I am somewhat concerned as to how the Zombies will change in #R67, once given the "enrage skill".
    This change, may well ruin Tartarus for the "Average High Level Player", once it is officially released.

19. Griffler

Griffler Avatar

That's because I did not disagree... Just keep in mind its a game in development and as such needs tuning from time to time. You say that making the zombies enrage would make this off limits to you, but there is no way you could know that, you're simply dismissing it for argument's sake. You may have to try and pull fewer zombies at a time, or focus on one/a couple to only have a limited number enraging at one time... Its strategy and that also requires constant development.

20. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

Hmmm OK... Maybe you were saying that Cora's comments annoyed you... My Bad!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.