Any SotA presence at E3?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MightyUnclean, Jun 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

Quest system, crafting spec, agriculture revamp, raids are all features promissed for 2019 its not like rebuilding the entire game.

2. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

And where is 'ramping up for episode 2'? Meaning 'hiring of more devs' for it? I don't feel like this is happening now. Such a disappointment if it does not. If the devs need a list of things to give those devs to do surely we all could provide that. Advertising is happening as the game improves. It always needed player approval to advertise it. Not adding in important features to this game and spending to advertise is a mistake imo. Now is the time.

And I don't know this to be true that we are not ramping up for Episode too. I still hope we will.

edited to add speculation status to my posting.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    Sentinel2, Time Lord and Joe Zhudarak like this.
  4. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

Well I would think that the reason for a lack of ramping up is exactly the same as the reason as why various Devs and other staff members have been let go since "launch" - ie a lack of players = a lack of income so more staff are unaffordable.

It's a vicious circle really - how they will be able to improve the game enough to get more people playing and raise income with the current staff level is a mystery to me let alone ramp up for the fabled EP2.

Hopefully they can - I haven't played the game since before last Christmas but still hope that somehow against the odds they can dig themselves out of the hole of their own making by getting the game into a state that more people (including myself) want to play. It's a faint hope for me but it's still there !

Elwyn, arcdevil and Cyin like this.
  5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I hope so too for so many things. But if you haven't played since last Christmas you might find some things have changed for the better.

Imo Lots of barriers were taken down because quite a few player complaints have been addressed.

Such as; inability to get housing so now you can get your deed from questing.

Travel issues were addressed giving us zone scrolls to mark all locations including mines just by visiting them. The scroll even shows what's in the scenes. Added to the utility bar it can be opened any time to see all locations you have visited if you are not encumbered.

The mail system is very wonderful to me but you may have seen that already and finally decay has gone away.

Control point areas don't have to be entered on the map anymore, just walk on by.

You can skip sieges.

Most Encounters now have surprises from clearing them. Some even have a quest in them.

Taming and summons got love.

We got looking for group.

Taxes got cut in half and on and on.

So while I have many things I still want addressed as I mention I do see so much progress and potential. I just hope we do get back to focusing on the missing basics soon.

My favorite question: "what's missing the presence of which would make a difference?"

Jaesun, Sentinel2 and Joe Zhudarak like this.
  6. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

I am thinking about dipping my toe back in sometime soon as I did like alot of things about the game and I know things are gradually being changed. Seems only fair to give it another go at some point to see if they have changed enough for me personally or not.

7. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

Revenue.

Jaesun, arcdevil and majoria70 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.