Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Door locked for me on my own house

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by Gwendolyn Obscuro, Jun 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

I have always locked the doors to my house and given permissions to whoever I want to allow in. Now the door says locked when I am trying to enter. If I right click I have the option to unlock doors but then I assume I'd have to lock them again every time I leave. When I tried to add myself to the list on manage lot access it gave an error (since it knows I am lot owner I assume even though I don't show in the list)

06/23/2019 10:28
    Title: The door to my house says door locked to me not just others
    Reproduction Rate: 100% so far
    Blocker? no but annoying
    Details: I keep my doors locked to the house but I used to be able to walk in, now it is locked.
    Steps to Reproduce: Try to enter my house (which I keep doors locked on)
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8) System RAM: 16252
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GPU RAM: 4061
    SotA.QA.Win.64.842.Date.06.21.19
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01b_template/Bastion's Point
    Area Display Name: Bastion's Point
    Loc: (59.6, 38.0, 278.9)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYl90ZW1wbGF0ZXxCYXN0aW9uJ3MgUG9pbnR8KDU5LjYxNCwgMzcuOTk4LCAyNzguOTI3KXwoMCwgMC45NTYsIDAsIC0wLjI5Myl8OTkyLjQ0Mjd8MzMuNDU0ODN8MS4yNQ==

2. Gwendolyn Obscuro

I claimed an additional nearby lot for some more testing. The issue seems to be when the front door is set to locked by right clicking. If I just set the checkbox lock doors in the manage lot access but do not lock the front door individually it lets me in. My settings have not changed from what they were previously when I was able to enter without specifically unlocking (and others were not).

I will have someone else check later to see if the lock doors checkbox in manage lot access is working/keeping them out.

3. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Ok I checked with another character that has permissions to enter my main house but not to enter the new lot. They were prevented from entering the new lot by the lock doors checked on manage lot access, so that was working as expected. The main house worked as it had previously- they were able to enter (door was not locked to them) even though the door was set to was locked (since they had lot permissions) but the door still says locked to the lot owner. Also in case it matters note lot owner gets a white arrow on the door not a green arrow, when other character without lot permissions tried to open locked door the arrow was green.

There also seem to be a lot of issues with items within the house- moving or taking from a container and trying to salvage, but those issues seem to be discussed in other threads.

4. Gwendolyn Obscuro

This issue was resolved by one of the patches. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.