Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Trying to upgrade Town Lot Deed to tax-free

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by Xasopx, Jun 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xasopx

Xasopx Avatar

Can anyone tell me if this a bug or intentional? When I try to upgrade my Town Lot Deed to tax free, it wants to instead convert it to a Tax-Free "Village" Lot Deed instead of a Tax-Free Town Lot Deed? It does give me the option to upgrade to Tax-Free POT Town Lot Deed but that would be defeating my purpose as I am wanting it outside of a POT. Also is there an in-game support?

Thanks for any help in resolving this. Have a great afternoon!

PS: I was also wondering how much it costs a month in Crowns to pay taxes as I am not able to get in-game very often, which is why I decided to go for a Tax-Free Deed in the first place.

2. Nick

Nick Avatar

Hi,

I believe its intentional. Could be it is limited to a number of options. You can always update to village then to town.

Crowns are estimated at 17k per 100 cotos. You can consider selling cotos to pay up to 180 days taxes.
    Don't use crowns to pay taxes. Sell the crowns for gold to pay taxes for now.

Taxes are as follows:
    Row: 250 gold per day
    Village: 500 gold per day
    Town: 1000 gold per day
    City: 2000 gold per day
    Keep: 3000 gold per day
    Castle: 4000 gold per day

Hope it helps

Jaesun and Xasopx like this.
  3. Nick

Nick Avatar

@Xasopx, just to add. If you plan to upgrade deeds, you might want to check if ATOS has any promotions in his streams.

Last I did my deed upgrade, 1/3 of what I used to upgrade the deed could be used to buy a house on the crown store.
    A little troublesome since i had to contact atos manually, but hey, its a good rebate. Not sure if the promotion is still available though.

Nick.

Xasopx likes this.
  4. Xasopx

Xasopx Avatar

@Nick, thanks for your reply. It doesn't make any sense to me why I should have to spend 4000 Crowns to "upgrade" to a Tax-Free Village Deed from a Town Deed (which is actually a downgrade) is why I was wondering if this is a bug or not. I don't mind supporting the game at all but I feel that there really should be more information before purchase "if" this is indeed correct (the no options for Tax-Free Town Lot except for POT). I wouldn't have bought it if I had known this! :)

I absolutely appreciate the information you posted. I'm definitely a newb, have been in and out of the game for a while now but I have followed it since Kick Start, donated and played since early access, just not had a lot of time to relax and focus until recently due to real life. Do you think the Crowns would sell well at Public Vendor, I don't have enough in-game gold to keep it going for a week and was counting on using Crowns to "fix" that.

Thanks again for your replies! :)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  5. Nick

Nick Avatar

Hi @Xasopx,

Sometime back, Port allowed us to upgrade our deeds. So, we are able to upgrade deeds either from Tax to Tax Free, to Water Tax deeds, POT to Place anywhere. There's actually quite a number of options. You can read the announcement via the link. Ignore the old crown prices.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...nd-other-notable-changes-in-patch-915.150992/

Don't sell on the public vendors. Try visiting NoMa, there are crown (player) vendors there, look at their buy tab. You will be able to sell to them. Public Vendors take a cut (10%?), so its not really worthwhile.
    Or if you wish, you can use my vendors to sell crowns.

Nick.

Xasopx likes this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

They do it that way because a tax-free village lot costs more than a taxed town lot. Just upgrade to that then you can upgrade to a tax-free town lot. You still only pay the difference in price between the deeds.

[edit] This post has the full prices for all the deeds: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f.../release-63-instructions.151929/#post-1211538

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    Jaesun and Xasopx like this.
  7. Xasopx

Xasopx Avatar

Thank you @Barugon and thank you @Nick I will follow what you guys are suggesting and thank you for the help, advice and links!

8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

@Xasopx
    You need to multiply the cost of the deeds in that post by 100 because that was before crowns were divided by 100. So a tax-free POT village deed is 19900 and a tax-free POT town deed is 49900.

Xasopx likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.