Customer support

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blackghost, Jun 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackghost

Blackghost Avatar

How much time does it take to get answer back when you sent an email to customer support?
    I sent countless emails and didn't get a reply in 3 months.

Where is the customer support.
    support@portalarium.com doesn't work at all.

2. Oakenhammer

Oakenhammer Avatar

They were short staffed for a while and had a pretty big backlog, but they've been working through them. I sent in an email about a week and a half ago and I got a response after 4 days.

Cordelayne and Lady Addy like this.
  3. Forum Name

Forum Name Avatar

One might hazard it has nothing to with the tone of your support email, but the content. Port has a huge backlog - answer people regardless of topic or go prioritize things tied to recent revenue?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
    Cordelayne and arcdevil like this.
  4. idaniod

idaniod Avatar

If (& when I was customer support) I was CS, I would help the people in the order in which their email or issues had been presented.. first in, first out... Any CS who takes care of the people they want to first, and not the ones that were waiting first, should be re-trained!

5. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

In CS, especially over the phone or through email, if the customer is insulting or aggressive, you have the right to end the conversation (and should be the same in person to an extent) so yes, if they receive an email that is aggressive or insulting, they could very well filter through it. A customer who is aggressive and insulting will never listen until he calms down, so either you find a way to diffuse his anger, or if the task seems impossible, simply end the communication. In person locations even put signs saying that they will not serve you if you do not engage the employee in a respectful and calm manner, so yes, they could very well do this.

Elwyn and Synergy Blaize like this.
  6. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

Yes, I sincerely understand the principles of CS, but if someone is swearing at me like a trooper & there was no immediate resolution that I could offer, because that solution was not available due to the lackadaisical work done by Managers/CEO/Directors of Creative what-not, I would definitely appease the Customers whose issues I actually had the power to resolve within the constraints of my role.

Customer Service employees cannot be expected to pull any "rabbits out the hats"
    of Managers/CEO/Directors of Creative what-not, who have not dedicated their time/focus to achieve a reasonable/timely resolution for Customers.

Customer Service Reps are the "front line" of any Organisation/Business.
    But if CS is being let down, by lack of action by "Upper Management", what can ANY CS employee do, when there is a mile long queue of "solvable" complaints/issues that they they are equipped to respond to?

"He" who complains the most &/or loudest, about things that CS has NO defined directive to respond to, will never win.
    Especially if the CS employee, can only offer the response of "Yes we are aware of that/your issue & are working on it".
    If the Customer does not accept that CS response, then until Upper Management resolves that particular issue, there is nothing that can be done nor said by the CS representative that can resolve their issue.

Don't shoot the CS Messenger... They are merely Employees doing what they can within the confines of "their" role.
    They are totally restricted to the parameters & confines of their Job Description.... They are not able to change the actions/or in-action of Upper Management, who have not fulfilled their obligations/role.

I totally "Get It", that as a Customer, who has invested their "hard earned money" for something that has not been delivered, you can be angry!
    (I am a Customer, currently waiting for feedback/delivery of an item myself & feeling immensely frustrated by the Business I purchased from, as to their lack of feedback = I have been perfectly respectful & cordial in my dealings with their CS reps.)
    But I have NO option, but to wait it out....

7. Mylady ‘Gin Gin Darlin

Mylady ‘Gin Gin Darlin Avatar

Exactly. It shouldn’t matter how angry or rude an email is, it’s the job of customer service personnel to answer. Customer service reps answer in a calm logical manner, don’t get baited and simple try and help within their capacity. Where they cannot help the ‘ticket’, or this case email is escalated.
    If CS cannot escalate a query That is due to the chain of support for CS being broken, which leads to an inefficient work environment.

IMO if the customer who sent an email isn’t asking for help and is just trolling, they would a) be sent an auto response b)be warned that such behaviour can lead to a bannable offence c)be put on a temporary ignore list (customer is notified of this to allow them to change their behaviour)

But certainly no one should be simply ignored, and absolutely no one should be given priority over another just because they behave better or spend money. That is unethical.

CS has to be unbiased and there has to be equality and back end support for the CS staff for the job to be effective.

If there was a ticket system in place it would lead to so much less aggravation from the customer side and allow for a cohesive system for the CS staff.

Bedawyn, Gia2, Cordelayne and 2 others like this.
  8. Blackghost

Blackghost Avatar

and yet, not a single answer from the devs.
    Whats the deal with the back log? Any plan to fix that?
    Not a single answer by email or on the forum. What do we need to do to get answer ? Call them directly?

9. Blackghost

Blackghost Avatar

Lucky you, I sent at least 5 emails, not a single answer yet.

arcdevil likes this.
  10. oplek

oplek Avatar

It sounds like they lost their CS person again. I can't say I envy anyone who has to tackle that inbox mimic.

arcdevil and Cordelayne like this.
  11. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Ohhhh great. Now i will never get my lost items back. Its been 4 months and 2 tickets later and have heard nothing but the usual canned response email.

12. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

I don't think they lost a staffer, but the stream did say that their current CS person was only part-time and couldn't give them the hours they knew they needed. Didn't hear whether the new position will be replacing the part-timer or in addition to the part-timer.

arcdevil, Jaesun and Cordelayne like this.
  13. Blackghost

Blackghost Avatar

I hear ya..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.