Rusty Weapon Patterns??? Really??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fenrus MacRath, Jun 24, 2019.

?

Do we want MORE Rusty/Dirty Worn Patterns added to the game in place of other types of patterns?

Poll closed Jun 25, 2019.
  1. Rustier the better!

23.9%
  2. GODS BELOW! PLEASE no more trash patterns

76.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fenrus MacRath

Fenrus MacRath Avatar

PLEASE tell me that this is just some sort of really late April fools prank. @Chris , are you seriously going to put more crap patterns into the game? Crafting system overhaul, -ON HOLD , Fertilizer, -ON HOLD , Rusty Weapon Patterns- ONLINE!! . Come on man. I know the party line, The guys who do the stuff everyone wants are a different team than the guys who make the patterns and so on, but for the love of Pete, do we have to have more rusty patterns? 90% of the patterns that drop are Rust, Dirty, Worn Out , etc. Can the team in charge of patterns, (Since they are the ones "Getting It Done", maybe design some patterns that aren't made to look like hobo gear? It doesn't cost you guys any more to design gear people want to wear does it?
    If you want to limit the amount of metal scrap, lower the drops. Don't create new garbage for everyone to throw out. I have seen ONE guy actually use the Rusty Armor patterns, Woodrow Beefcakes and I'm pretty sure he used it ironically.
    I've also seen that guy tank Dragons in a hospital gown and Judge's wig, so he might need to some professional help.

I'm not about being negative, but enough is enough.. Or am I completely off base and the whole population is breathlessly waiting with Woodrow for the rusty weapon patterns to fall, so we can all look like Jamokes?

2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I like that the patterns exist. (I actually use the worn cloak patterns.) I don't like that they replace scrap. Or that they drop so frequently. If I got one out of a hundred, that'd be fine.

Elwyn, Dhanas, Mhtic and 10 others like this.
  3. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

To be fair, I don't think it takes a whole lot of dev time to enable patterns on stuff. Do they have a lot of work to do? Sure they do. But I don't think this kind of stuff is causing delays.

Also, some people may want to PvP and look like a weakling or RP or something. There ARE reasons for making these things available.

Mhtic, Black Tortoise, Jaesun and 2 others like this.
  4. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Technically I hope that all items will eventually be able to drop a patterns. I use all sorts for my gear, as well I can see rusty being used for many things from the RP peoples to even plans for player quests stuff. I could see myself making a wicked dagger and applying the rust pattern to it and placing that in future dungeon loot box or the likes as a player reward. They can always re-skin it. myself I hope they allow us to pattern over top of artifacts as I really want to have a different look then just a cabilist hood but have them stats. Or perhaps one day when they get around to player crafted hoods that they re-balance them to be in line with such things especially with the new tier system.

5. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

exactly :)

6. Fenrus MacRath

Fenrus MacRath Avatar

Enough that it warrants making with SO MANY other things out there that need doing? Even from a cosmetic standpoint, THIS is what the kids are crying out for? No offense to the 20 or so PVPers who play the game, but PVP roll play is the priority? Come on, its just getting to be too much. How about this, sell the "Rusty Crap" patterns in the Crown store and DONT force normal people to have to deal with 300 plus garbage patterns a week?

Gorthyn, Malimn, Mishikal and 3 others like this.
  7. Fenrus MacRath

Fenrus MacRath Avatar

I like where your head is at, That would be really cool, but unfortunately, that type of thing would have to get in line behind around 600 other "To Do List" projects that may never see fruition. Lets make a deal, when they get around to implementing all of those things, THEN they put in the rusty sword patterns? How would that be?

8. oplek

oplek Avatar

I think they're using RNG for their prioritization too.

9. Fenrus MacRath

Fenrus MacRath Avatar

YOU sir, May be a genius.

10. redfish

redfish Avatar

Ahhhh.. I don't buy the RP reasoning. Using a rusty sword that doesn't fight like a rusty sword isn't RP. Where did people get the idea that RP is just about dress-up?

Originally, LB wanted to go with a model where what you looked like you were wearing reflected what you were actually wearing, WYSIWYG... which basically fit into the RP style generally that was part of Ultima games, but also which was particularly important to PvP, because a PvPer wants to honestly still see who he's competing with. I still agree with him on that.

@Cora Cuz'avich

In some other thread, people were complaining they were piling up too many patterns; I suggested they do some type of Salvage for Pattern recipe which was separate from Salvage and used some type of special tool.

Tiina Onir, Cyin, Jaesun and 4 others like this.
  11. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

They have people that work on zones, people that work on bugs, people that work on items etc. this is a minor change to rusted gear... just like they are also converting more and more artifacts of old to the new tier. Once they have the backend all setup for these things they slowly convert all the older databases to support the new options and then they just have to touch the items and add the new flags etc to make them work. (that is my view as a developer of other database systems). I think it was a really low laying fruit for them to do which is why its there :) ie, they did not spend much time on it and its a freebie perk to those that wanted to use it.

12. Fenrus MacRath

Fenrus MacRath Avatar

That's a GREAT idea too. Maybe we can pull some guys off pattern making to implement that?

Cyin and Xee like this.
  13. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

That I would love to to have a salvage only option for patterns. I do far specific gear for some patterns as they sell.

From RP perspective there are many of us with dressup decks. We want to look the role for what we are doing well still having all our dps etc. just like PVP and deception when you get in a fight you still want to win. and if I am using an alt who is a old man in the street to hits you up for all your money and holds his own with his rusty magic dagger I'm ok with that.

either way I don't complain when they add more of anything to the game. We all know that the bigger items are what eats of time, these smaller ones are just added value.

14. Fenrus MacRath

Fenrus MacRath Avatar

Have you seen any confirmation that is actually happening? I heard tales of it, but have not seen anything. That would be great.

Cyin likes this.
  15. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Next release there will be some that Chris is working on. As stated in the Oracle notes in general forum as well on his live stream. I have not looked on the test server as of yet.

Fenrus MacRath likes this.
  16. redfish

redfish Avatar

@Xee

I'm good with people creating characters choosing gear to match their characters; I just think RP goes beyond appearances, and if its a magic dagger then it would have to be specifically enchanted to be magical or have an illusion spell, or whatever else. Its a personal gripe with how they're doing some things in the game. I find the pattern system kind of annoying from a RP perspective generally speaking.

17. Fenrus MacRath

Fenrus MacRath Avatar

@Xee I understand that "More is Better" philosophy, but from a practical standpoint, its like, How many flies is too many flies? (Rusty crap being Flies in this analogy. ) From the RP perspective, Does no one RP anything but a Jabroni who cant afford or doesn't care about his/her gear enough to not let it get rusty /dirty/worn? Is EVERYONE Rping plague survivors?
    I think there is a way to add polls to this channel , right? Maybe I'm wrong. I lack the technical skills required to add one, but I'd LOVE to see the results if we polled the populace on how whether or not they want more rusty patterns.

18. Fenrus MacRath

Fenrus MacRath Avatar

I figured out how to make a poll!! Bully for me!

Jaesun likes this.
  19. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

Dude, this isn't about priority. Patterns are just pointers to EXISTING assets. It's literally a few entries into a database. There is no extra time, no priority, no favoritism, no agenda. You're creating a problem where none exists.

20. Fenrus MacRath

Fenrus MacRath Avatar

Dudette,
    The problem exists, that I PERSONALLY have to deal with hundreds of rusty useless patterns a week that are a direct drag from my scrapping efforts. They diminish my metal scap yield, fill my inventory and waste my time, discarding or selling for a whopping 8 gold each. That is my beef. Not that I am against the rusty crap crowd, I just don't want to have to deal with it when there are so many other things that time and energy (Even minimal) can be spent on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.