Rings & Necklaces Crafted vs Artefacts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Steevodeevo, Jun 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

[​IMG]

Yes, I know it is level one, but the work involved to approach an artefact.. I'm not sure I can be bothered to take this on as a fairly dedicated crafter.

The time, expense, etc. What am I missing? Seems to me even if artefacts are rare there are so many elite players and groups farming them that they can be on the market in hours and crafted versions obsolete...

I sincerely hope I am wrong.

kaeshiva, Mimner, Elnoth and 4 others like this.
  2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

You aren't, plain and simple.

Actifact jewelry are simply BIS almost all the time, for necklaces, you have Warlocks which is insane for many reasons : Focus, spell damage, spell crit (from the intelligence), spell damage, spell resistances from the attunement, and it actually covers all 9 schools of magic

Then you have the necklaces for archers which are great as well. Then you get to rings, and those now have that insane combineable ring which gives 20 int, or the brittle brawn which gives 40 STR (sure it reduces HP but 40 STR!)

jewelry crafting isnt necessarily worth it most of the time

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    Xandra7 and Dhanas like this.
  3. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

Dunno why they delayed crafting spec and new effects for gm crafting for put in game this, didn't came in mind to any of the devs that they just added a ring with +20 int and players didn't need at all this feature right Now?

Xandra7 likes this.
  4. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

One side of the team who enjoys making cool artifacts ...another side that wants crafting to really suck .

5. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

Warlock´s is a crafted artie, you need iron, copper, arties rings and heart of vrul to assemble it.

Ataniiq likes this.
  6. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

But it is still an artifact. one of the greatest things the game sold me was that crafted gear was going to be BIS except for niche builds, and right now Artifacts are simply taking the BIS for 3 different slots (Belts having actually no REAL crafted gear (yes Troll Skin Belt is crafted, but it is still an artifact).

Right now Crafted Jewelry are the ones taking the Niche Build spot. I am okay with it, but I feel like these new material bonuses aren't anything that might affect my decision making while shopping, as 1-2 stat points is barely noticeable.

Dhanas and Xandra7 like this.
  7. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

It might be better if they had more durability, so they could (eventually) be enchanted/masterworked to be somewhat useful. But at 50, they are never going to provide any real benefit compared to artifacts.

Jaesun likes this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Unless they're exceptional.

Ataniiq likes this.
  9. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

oh geez.. yeah if they had some durability that you could masterwork, maybe they would be more on par. I would love a warlock chain but have been unable to afford them. So I do wear crafted jewelry.

Ataniiq likes this.
  10. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Beating a dead horse here. No offense intended, I understand the reaction of the OP, but, with some other players including Baron Drocis, Vallo and a few others, we pointed out this same problem two years ago already. And for what result ? I hope that you enjoy things as they are now...

Except for the very first ones like the Cat Grace and a few others, artifacts were not introduced in this game with balance in mind (like sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many other things), and the simple fact that every player who tried to get the most optimized build automatically put plenty of those in his/her inventory is a good indication of this.

If crafted gear was really a thing, the economy in this game would have been a bit more dynamical and much less based on artifact trades. ...Crafted gear, aka not something which need to depend on some high-risk adventure to get something done (because the warlock chain just look like an isolated excuse which was brought to the game in order to keep the dream "crafted gear is the best" true, really).

Ataniiq, Cirsee and Xandra7 like this.
  11. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Which ones? I've never come across any, so I've just been using the Dread artifact. At leas, until I can score the recipes for the warlock chain.

12. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Necklace of Cautious Precision: +20 Dexterity, -1.5 Move Speed. With means to counteract that flat negative movement speed (it not being % based, it doesnt scale), simply pairing it up with the new savage sash makes it barely noticeable.
    The Dread Artifact was the other one, and then you have the Warlock Chain which is once again a great option all around even for archers and warriors, increasing their heals and buffs, and spells if they do happen to cast some (Like air spells for archers)

Mishikal likes this.
  13. Xkhan

Xkhan Avatar

Hornpipe! Are you back??

My .02 is we shouldn take the word 'artifact' out...whether found or crafted it stands for "out of the normal" and sometimes situational. The Warlock's chain is crafted...and arguably best in slot. If the debate is Necklace of Civility vs something else I can understand.

I also don't think we should dismiss some of the negative affects. I only bring out the Chain during boss fights now because of the reagant cost. Many looted (non-craftable items) cannot be gemmed either - so you can lose out on attunement bonus. There is 'give' and 'take' here.

14. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

I occasionnaly look at those forums because, I still need to sell things and I'm still an investor here. Sometimes I feel the motivation to play again, but alas, it never survive my retries.

I understand why you can tell that the warlock chain is a crafted gear. Indeed it is, and potentially, a good crafter without any adventure skill could get the proper recipes and components with gold coins or with a guild, but not alone, and certainly not without very high efforts. But when I quited, one year and a half ago, this warlock chain was, I think, the only good crafted gear so far. Not to mention that every artifact was bringing more and more disproportionnal bonus versus people without artifacts (creating a wall to climb in the gameplay for the new players as long as those items could only be found in high tierplaces), the fact is, I'm sure the warlock chain is still the only one which can be crafted (and for a high cost), or almost. Simply because this game has never been close of any balance and will not ever be , I fear...

15. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Ah, yeah. Since my survivability has always been pretty directly linked to my ability to kite, I passed on Cautious Precision. I got super lucky last weekend and scored a Savage Sash; I'll have to give that combo a try.

16. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I use the quest series reward necklace (+10 dex?) because I don't want the movement penalty... Hopefully I'll get a savage sash drop soon so I can switch it out for the necklace of cautious precision. :)

Violette Dyonisys likes this.
  17. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

what do the meteoric and bronze necklaces give you?

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  18. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

Bronze is +1 str +1 dex. Meteoric +2 str

19. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Yes, crafting is being marginalized by best in slot artifacts for a while now - made worse by the RNG and not even being able to craft what you want.
    The very best you can craft doesn't come anywhere near artifacts in most cases.

Elnoth, Jaesun, Malimn and 5 others like this.
  20. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Good lord, just got home to start looking at these. I thought they were aweful on QA when it was one ingot and some scrap, but FIVE INGOTS for one stat? We would have been better off leaving the recipes as wire and bindings, and actually get SOMETHING of value.

These recipes suck.

Elnoth, Jaesun, Dhanas and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.