Magic resists and attunement etc

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jigger48, May 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Yes it will stack. It can be useful if you are not a spell caster, and that you don't mind lower efficiency with your spells. Now when I say lower efficiency, it might not be a huge difference for a pure warrior, and if you are usually a tank for a group, it matters even less, considering someone else should be healing you. But if you cast a few spells here and there and rely on your heals a bit, you should stay away from it.

Mimner and Ataniiq like this.
  2. mystarr

mystarr Avatar

Oh for the good old days when useful information was actually in the forums instead of dispersed like turds in the wind in twitch videos...

Chris' google doc spreadsheet for attunement math:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...VMW1RNKB8ZeUT_Vf-QKu4aa44/edit#gid=1948682124
    (Please note there are multiple tabs on the spreadsheet. Some are for the release 54 math and some are for what he changed it to in release 55.)

The post where Chris actually used the forums to give this information:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ris-daily-work-blog.85584/page-8#post-1061744

Mimner, Barugon and Violette Dyonisys like this.
  3. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Ohh my god I love you! This is great!

4. Mimner

Mimner Avatar

Don't forget that lowering your total attunement not only impacts effectiveness with the spells you cast, but also diminishes the effect of friendly spells cast on you. A tank with tactics warding will have lower life attunement over all, so their buddy's heal spells will heal them for less than without tactics warding.

For friendly spells:
    effective attunement = (caster's attunement + target's attunement) / 2

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
    Violette Dyonisys likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.