No Q3 schedule post. Is there a plan?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mystarr, Jul 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mystarr

mystarr Avatar

We have finished the time covered by the Q2 post. @DarkStarr hasn't posted anything about Q3.

I know the team is moving to an even more "flexible" development model... Does that mean there will no longer be a quarterly update on the plans?

Is there a plan or are we officially winging it now?

2. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I think they have said they are backing away from hard plans so they can be more “flexible” in the future like you mentioned.

3. Titania Xylia

Titania Xylia Avatar

Just keep swimming!

Magnus Zarwaddim and Girlsname like this.
  4. Forum Name

Forum Name Avatar

[​IMG]

When you look at the Q2 post and read through all that did not actually make it into the game as planned, the apparent decision to eliminate any future quarterly posts should not come as any surprise.

5. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Also asked for in R67 Release notes ...

For an unknowing German:
    I know the word wing, of course, but what means "winging it" ???
    Thank you for explanation :)

6. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Discounting the incidental items (performance and awarding of items), we saw 20% of the goals from this last quarter. Yeah, not much incentive to post another list. Just reuse this one.

7. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

To go at something without a specific plan or strategy, to sort of 'fly by the seat of your pants', do whatever you think needs to be done at the time rather than setting specific goals to meet and a plan to achieve those goals

8. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Thank you!

Astirian and evillego6 like this.
  9. Sea Hunter

Sea Hunter Avatar

A ship without a rudder is never going to go anywhere except eventually to the bottom of the sea or up on the rocks!

You need a knowledgeable and experienced captain, a well thought out and detailed voyage plan drawn up by the first mate and his bridge team.

Then you take it to the Chief Engineer and his crew of technicians can get the vessel their safely, efficiently and on schedule.

Then you publish the plan with the proper authorities so they can help you accomplice what you set out to do (warn you of hazards you may be unaware of) or in a worse case scenario, help you in an emergency or possibly use you to help someone else in need.

Anything less is operating in the dark and you will find that no one wants to employ a ship or crew to haul their precious cargo (dreams and ambitions) without feeling like the risk is minimal in relation to the possible reward/benefit.

A ship is built to serve others. It is built in a way that it meets those needs and wants. At times it is regularly put up on dry dock, re-powered, rebuilt, modernized and modified where needed to make it competitive and viable in the current markets for which it was intended to serve.

A ship is safest when sailing in the light of truth. Darkness is where danger lurks for everyone. It can be navigated safely, but not without truth!

It's kind of ironic that the first ship chosen to be the new flagship of the game is a pirate ship, heck you can even get it up on dry dock in disrepair!

No thanks, the next ship I buy in this game will need to be functional as a ship should be!

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    eli, Cirsee, Eina Stein and 9 others like this.
  10. oplek

oplek Avatar

Despite difficulty in actualizing goals, if they want to generate excitement about the future, it still helps to have a vision of the future, and describe it.

11. Lained

Lained Avatar

I'm sure there's an internal plan but sometimes unforeseen circumstances see a few items get pushed, priorities can change and work is switched around and occasionally this can snowball leading to more items being pushed. Rather than players accepting that we're seeing iterative development in progress and sometimes things can be in flux the quarterly schedule leads to upset players when their favourite item they were expecting doesn't make it in by the end of the quarter. Personally I like to see where we're headed even if it doesn't always hit every mark.

Black Tortoise and Astirian like this.
  12. Arcanoxer

Arcanoxer Avatar

Portalarium does not even have enough staff to deliver the promised Episode 2 content and the canceled Q2 2019 features this year and they're not even looking for developers anymore.
    So my expectations are more than low for Q3 and Q4.

Rada Torment, digriz, Feeyo and 5 others like this.
  13. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Incorrect. In one of the recent livestreams Chris said they are looking for another CS employee, and asked for resumes.

Sentinel2, Boris Mondragon and Jaesun like this.
  14. GMDavros

GMDavros Avatar

CS <> Developer/designer. While the CS employee may help with player facing issues, they won't accelerate (or even help) development.

15. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

A CS person is still not a developer, might speed up development time since Chris wont have as many emails to answer, but I doubt it will make Episode 2 come any faster.

16. Lained

Lained Avatar

He mentioned they were after a CS person first hence asking for resumes but I think it was a scene builder they were looking for next.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  17. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

What does CS stand for? Computer Science? Customer Service? Coffee Servant?

18. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

19. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Completely agree. While I completely understand some things may end up taking longer to implement than expected, and may get missed, at least seeing some sort of plan provides things to look forward to for the future.

Astirian and mystarr like this.
  20. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Ah, Customer Service.

I was thinking Computer Science.

Still, if you're tanking, you're probably not hiring. I'd say it's not time for the doom and gloom at the moment.

Steevodeevo and Belladonna Rose like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.