1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Lord British's Birthday Make a Difference and Episode 2 Stretch Goal Stores 50% Price Drop!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jul 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

It’s the Episode 2 Stretch Goal store now? Interesting.

3. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

No, Items from both the Make a difference AND Episode 2 stretch goal stores are on sale. They are still both different.

4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I wasn’t aware of the changes from mount stretch goal to Chapter 2 Stretch goal. I somehow missed that. Assumed it was still the mount one. :oops:

5. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Maybe you are miss-understanding the whole stretch goal part :p Basically the stretch goal shop is for us to pay to have something implemented in the game faster than planned. Mounts were not an initial plan for Episode 2, so if we buy enough from the stretch goal shop, mounts will be implemented.

It has always been the Episode 2 Stretch Goal store, and since it is here, it has only had Mounts as a stretch goal. Maybe this is where you were confused!

(Or you are a master troll and I got baited big time :eek:)

Jaesun likes this.
  6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I'm not sure mounts will be added only by reaching the stretch goal. Lots of development thoughts have changed with flexible development coming in. Chris mentioned he may have found a way to get them working in game that is easier than at first believed. So the order of implementing things will depend many times on ease of development. But of course I'm just guessing which is all we can ever do with this game.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  7. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Wow, I didn't notice before how depressing the children's charity items are. Head bandages and a bone saw? Perhaps take a page from the Shriners "adorable" playbook for this charity instead? Hmmm.

K1000 likes this.
  8. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all, just to clarify a bit. In the early days of funding there were stretch goal that were offered like the EP1 Elves as Playable Race, EP1 Pack Animals, EP1 Boats, and yes EP1 Horse Mounts. They were available to purchase/fund or a while but none ever reach there goal. If you did purchase/fund the stretch goal by buying items in the stretch goal you did receive them in game just not the function that the stretch goal was started for. You can still find these items like the Elven House in a Hill, or the Donkey and Llama in game but they are no longer sold by Port. Since EP2 started they have created a new EP2 Horse Mounts stretch goal that includes things like the Barn Two-Story Village Home. If we reach the goal of $250,000 (currently at $54,503) we will be able to:

If you want to see all the old and new stretch goal and Livestream Items Look at this post:

Telethon Rewards List Updated

9. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I guess the sale is over, since they just discontinued both stores, without notice. Great.

Fionwyn Wyldemane and Cordelayne like this.
  10. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

All I can say is "yikes" :-(

[​IMG]Make a Difference Store

We are very proud of the contributions by our community to our Make a Difference stores over the last four years. Over that four year period we have collected over $50,000 for various charities including Water.org, Autism Awareness,Breast Cancer, Movember, Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals and Doctors Without Borders.

Earlier this year for the convenience of our players we moved all of the game commerce inside the game. The only big outstanding groups of items were Make a Difference and Stretch Goals. To keep as much as possible focused inside the game we are closing the Make a Difference Store at this time.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    Jaesun, Asclepius and Cordelayne like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.