1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

July Login Reward: Lord British Cake Slices with Unique Buff

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jul 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Then I shall gladly unburden you from these useless cake pieces! I can afford the slight drop for a few days, doubt I will even notice it!

Steevodeevo likes this.
  2. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Cake slice:
    +1 focus second/2 hours
    .8 combat focus second/2 hours
    +3 health second/2 hours
    .8 combat health second/2 hours
    100% skill learning for 2 hours <--- Does it stack? who knows

My preferred foods:
    +3 focus second/4 hours
    .8 combat focus/second 4 hours
    +4 health second/4 hours
    +1 combat health/second 4 hours
    +5 dex/4 hours
    -------------------------------------------------
    Net difference:

I would *lose*:
    2 focus/second out of combat
    1 health/second out of combat
    .2 health/second in combat
    +5 dex

I would gain:
    MAYBE an increase at the rate at which my pool is drained.

Essentially a major net loss all the way around. There is most certainly ZERO survivability *gain*, there is survivability *loss*

Montaigne likes this.
  3. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

It is a gift! It is literally FREE stuff being given out, FREE!

To quote someone who does stuff here from time to time, "This is why we can't have nice things"

Seriously can't people simply enjoy when devs make a move that is simply fun and enjoyable? If you care so much about being the most efficient with your time, go ahead, I mean it is not as if they were imposing a tax on your gold/exp/play time in exchange for these, once again, I repeat, THEY ARE FREE, if you dont like em, dump em. Better yet, if they are tradeable (doubt it but hey I haven't logged in yet so I can't confirm) just sell em, some people will buy them!

Anyways...

4. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

The general point was to encourage new players and other people to return, was my impression? For a new player, this will just drain their pool even faster, which is already difficult to maintain when starting out (unless someone takes pity on you and lets you group in UT I suppose). As a food, it's much worse than you can trivially obtain from any of the many player food vendors for cheap, so again it's not a great item to provide a new player. Sure, it's free. But I don't see how it serves the purpose that the rewards were geared towards.

5. AbstraxPhoenix

AbstraxPhoenix Avatar

the fact you seem so scared of losing a whole 5 dexterity and 0.2 regen per second is sad tbh. its a free thing anyways, you don't have to complain about it.

Violette Dyonisys likes this.
  6. Nietzsche

Nietzsche Avatar

To me it seems Mishikal hasn’t been complaining because it’s free. I think he has been making a valid point. Despite it being free it could be better thought out to make it more alluring, especially as it takes extra effort to make a new item for the game. What’s the point in making a redundant item and all the other points Mishikal has pointed out.

Mishikal, Katu and Montaigne like this.
  7. Katu

Katu Avatar

The fact that you seem to be eager to get buff that actually gives you less than buff than your normal stuff, is sad tbh.
    The skill learning boost means nothing to most of us anyways, because of the skill system ( you need to get xp. Its not the spending that is the problem, guidance gives 300% ).

Its a free gift yes, but why would anyone use it, I don't know.

Mishikal likes this.
  8. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Yes, exactly this. Thank you, it's nice to see someone gets it.

Hopefully it can be used as decoration like the other cake slices. I'd definitely use it for that. ;)

9. AbstraxPhoenix

AbstraxPhoenix Avatar

Most of the time I dont even use food buffs, and no I'm not eager. I'm not saying in glad or anything that thaey added it in the game, but theres no reason to complain.

Alley Oop and Jaesun like this.
  10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Try getting the Lost Vale buff, drinking a guidance potion, eating a piece of that cake and then partying with someone that is already GM in the skill. ;)

King Robert, Jaesun and Alley Oop like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.