Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Samael at Brookside: no quest

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by uhop, Jul 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uhop

uhop Avatar

This is related to https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/samael-at-brookside-no-quest.156278/ (I cannot answer there).

Recap: I finished the Love quest and the mainline in general (finally got Shroud). Still, I have a compass marker "Meet Samael in Brookside". When I go there and talk to him he is greaving and doesn't give me any quests nor new information. He talks about his wife, children, a ring but no tasks.

Now I think it is related to a side quest "Ring of Remembrance" --- I didn't do that it back then because it was unavailable. My understanding that now I cannot do it and Samael would not give it to me ("being a different person" ???). If that's the case, it should either be removed from my compass/map/overmap or I should be able to complete this quest or I should be able "edit it out" myself if I decided to skip it similar to how I can hide tasks from the HUD.

2. uhop

uhop Avatar

Another question: how come I have this quest on the map/compass yet not in my journal??? If the system keeps track of quests beyond "there is a guy waving a hand at you when you see him" and marks all this stuff on map/compass there should be a written trace of some sort. Like a journal. Or a list of open quests assigned to me, which should be a source of compass/map marks. Make it publicly accessible somehow (journal? HUD? special window?).

3. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report! Issue #65291

It's possible for a quest marker to turn "on" because a player has the right flag, but there is no requirement for that same player to have the journal entry assigned to that quest marker/quest data set. It's how we should set these things up, always, but some older quests were never converted properly to data standards that came later, and so you'll sometimes get quest markers appearing with journal entries that you don't have yet or may never get simply because you have certain quest flags which a compass marker gimmick is looking for.

Synergy Blaize and Jaesun like this.
  4. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

@uhop , I'm working on this fix. I think you might be able to say "keepsake" to Samael in Brookside to advance your quest.

Synergy Blaize likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.