1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Imp variations / statues / gargoyles

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by redfish, Sep 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redfish

redfish Avatar

So, I've been fighting imps a lot, and a few thoughts came to mind..

The first thing was just imp variations that would show up at rarer locations, for example, like blue or grey or black imps.

I was also thinking it might be nice to have imp statues that might be placed as decorations similar to gargoyles... and then you could even have stone imp mobs in the certain places like dungeons or have them guarding gates, and they would come alive and attack the player as he tries to pass. These would likely need to be a tiny bit larger to work as statues since imps are pretty small.

[​IMG]

As background; U5 had stone gargoyles, and U7 had stone harpies.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Other types of small statues that primarily can fit on a pedestal or along walls as adornment might be nice also. For example, owl statues, like the many ones you can see in Leeds, England.

[​IMG]

Lastly, although I think the imps are fine as they are now, it also seems that because they're humanoid, they'd also be capable of holding objects. Whether that means occasionally showing up with a dagger or short sword, or an imp pet holding a lantern or darklamp for you, or playing a lute.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  2. redfish

redfish Avatar

Btw, the suggestion about the color variations was influenced by Balrons in Ultima games, which looked good in blue and in grey,
    U2 [​IMG] U3 [​IMG] U4 [​IMG]

3. Sator Faryn

Sator Faryn Avatar

I'm bringing this old thread back to life.
    I'm building my first player made dungeon. It is a re-creation of the old D&D module S1 "Tomb of Horrors" by Gary Gygax. So far I'm very pleased with what I'm able to create in a player made dungeon. But some areas for this module, I'm improvising with slight modifications for things I can't create exactly. Right now though I really need some Gargoyles. Room 8 needs a Gargoyle and Room 11 has a statue "The Three Armed Statue" of a gargoyle missing an arm. I'll be hanging "Exodus" by Helen Garriott in these locations till deco gargoyles get added to the game. I've seen some past requests for Gargoyles. I don't even care if SotA makes it a Unity asset to quickly add to the game. I'm sure others would love to have different types of craftable and Crown shop Gargoyles. What do you all think? Is there still an interest in Gargoyles?

Jaesun, Black Tortoise and Nick like this.
  4. redfish

redfish Avatar

Oh since the thread is resurrected, might as well point out that once we get things like mannequins the devs might want to think about putting in Phantoms.
    U4[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.