The Friday livestream brought a lot of hope

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vladamir Begemot, Jul 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Every now and then I get dispirited from waiting for the specific things I think are important to show up.

Then a great livestream happens, the devs go in depth into what the upcoming plan is, their current thoughts on it, problems they are having, etc.

Those really restore my hope, and remind me that it has been almost 3 years of participating, and the game just keeps going.

I know we like the plans, but for me those have never had the impact of listening to them talk about what is actually going through their minds. @Bzus did a great job today of helping me chill on worrying about crafting, and just wait a bit longer. They all helped explain why the crafting was pushed.

So thanks devs, and remember that getting so many of you on at once to talk to us is a big moral booster.

Hazard, Olthadir, Mhtic and 24 others like this.
  2. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

That's good to hear. I just wish it was anything other than a stream; it'll be a week or so before I can sit down to watch it.

Seriously, what is wrong with posting something! We don't all have 4-hour blocks of time available.

Katu, Snowdog, Yolo SoLive and 19 others like this.
  3. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Any more info on crafting? I've been getting mad for the past two releases because it is pushed and I barely have any nice things to say about Bzus, but it might simply be unfair but due to the lack of communication about the matter, and like others, I cant afford to watch a 4 hour stream to get the info right now, I only browse forums on my phone while waiting around.

4. Arlin

Arlin Avatar

Do you have a rough time code for this? I would love some crafting positivity.

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Good news! It's only a 2 hour stream, and the crafting stuff is all in the first hour! It starts after the news and takes most of that hour, so maybe 15 minutes or so in. Bzus doesn't make a lot of appearances, so it's worth listening to.

6. Arlin

Arlin Avatar

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  7. Arlin

Arlin Avatar

So I watched it. And no, this is not optimistic. The RNG based crafting system we have is a fucking disaster, and they won't fix it because it would destroy the non-existent crafter economy? Every one of us pointing out the blindingly obvious fact that RNG needs to go is aware you can't just remove it and stop (although that would be better than Chris's asinine 'reroll' system). There have been plenty of good suggestions on how to fix that part also (I'm of course partial to my own suggestion of corpse runs).

The RNG in crafting is a crippling bad element to the game and you can't fix crafting without first fixing that. I know it's a lot of work guys, but sometimes software development is like that.

Lace, Greyfox, Snowdog and 9 others like this.
  8. Feldon Grimshaw

Feldon Grimshaw Avatar

i felt the exact same way. this was a great stream and got me jazzed up again. thanks for posting.

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I guess the proposed crafting changes don't make the instant gratification crowd happy.

10. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Do we have those here? Lol.

11. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

That made me Smile.

12. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

I don't think people wanting the Devs to fix a crafting system that is clearly not fit for purpose has anything to do with them wanting instant gratification. It just needs to work properly rather than be a RNG lottery which is simply plain daft.

Lace, Snowdog, Vaiden Luro and 7 others like this.
  13. Gia2

Gia2 Avatar

We love Bzus!!!

Sara Dreygon and Ataniiq like this.
  14. Astirian

Astirian Avatar

I'll have to check it out, the meaty ones always get my spirits up when I'm feeling glum! :)

15. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I like what they are purposing over what the original plan was. If they allowed us as they put it to pick what we wanted the economy would be done and the high levels including myself would pretty much take over most the market which would make it a disaster for new people. Its not perfect but the reroll option depending on how its incorporated could fix a lot of the issues. even with the current system all I really would love to see is new skills for 100, 110,120, etc even if they are things like Major, greater etc of the same skills. I think in time the system will get there, until then keep on crafting.

16. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Speech recognition software has been around for what, 20 years ?
    Apparently Port has never heard of it.......
    Tired of excuses.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
    Olthadir likes this.
  17. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

1.) @Bzus needs to breathe more. I always feel like he going to pass out when he goes on for a solid 10 minutes on the same breath.

2.) The original plan of pick your effect would definitely just lead to everyone having the same gear and only the crafter with the highest skill level would matter. If I can make a L150 perfect sword, who cares about a new player's L120 sword. When everything is special nothing is special - just pick the one with the extra 0.1.

3.) The reroll lessens this issue as they get far less junk and the junk they do get shouldn't be minor focus, coup, riposte so should still be usable. The reroll also keeps the excitement of getting what you want in as while the current system leads to a bunch of crap, I'm still excited when I get that perfect STR, STR, DEX, Thrust, Rend, D-Slash sword but there would be no excitement if these were 100% - just make a batch of 200 of them and not have to craft more ever again.

4.) When the GM effects, weighting, reroll, spec are added in we could last something vastly better than we have now that they can then build off. I think it a great compromise.

Jason_M, Vodalian, Jaesun and 12 others like this.
  18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This.

Olthadir and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  19. Humbert_Humbert

Humbert_Humbert Avatar

Their promises to deliver stuff in the future no longer brings me hope. They have lost that luxury with me.

Malimn, Blackghost, Arcanoxer and 4 others like this.
  20. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Guess I missed the stream due to lack of interest for the first time in almost three years.

Wake me up when they give priority to the groups of parties vs house painting. Start the expresó maker when they hire someone like @Cerus from Travian games to create big Portalarium battles and sieges for all to participate in like they did last year culminating in the battle of Aerie.

Those are some of the things that can bring new people in and get SOTA noticed in the gaming industry. It’s what I call a bold statement of intent.

R/Boris/El Pirata/Black Sails Forever

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.